Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 12-18-2008, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehawk View Post
So how do I get a copy of the video, or a copy of the plans for the plate?
I searched the web hi and lo for a copy and haven't come across one. I've been around so long that i actually have one of the first VHS tapes of his skinning video. I just had no idea on the plate video. Blain and I were talking a little bit about .17's but at the time, i was more interested in a .250 AI contender barrel I had just gotten. He had all the info on that TOO!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:45 PM

JoeZ,
Thanks for filling me in on the relationship between Kevin Weaver & Blaine Eddy. From the first post on this thread, I had mistakenly thought Kevin was claiming it was his property.

While I don't know either men, it would be a pleasure. The world need more stand up guys like them.
Regards, Ron
Old 12-19-2008, 07:17 AM

Blaines old website... long defunct.

http://blainesfurshack.tripod.com/index.html

The plate specs are a very hard call. I have the plates specs that Blaine gave to me himself to make mine from, and a copy of his video which also lays them out. So because Blaine himself suggested to everyone when he talked to them in person that they could make their own plate easy enough - freely gave them the specs, and said the same thing over and over in his video "Wildcatting Made Easy" including the specs, I am like 110% sure he would still feel that way if they were shared openly. But I have nothing but the utmost respect for Blaine, am saddened to hear he has fallen on even harder times than when I last spoke to him..... and that holds me back. Not because I think Blaine would mind, but because I do not know his current situation and if he in fact has any plans to try to market the plates again. Sorry folks, but that prevents me from just posting them unless I could run Blaine down again, see how he is doing and if I can help in any way, and to ask his OK. The man deserves no less.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:19 PM
Supporting Member

Larry,

Perhaps someone could take the lead to set up a "donation" fund for the plate plans for Blaine? Maybe $5-10 a copy for the plans, and $20-30 for a downloadable copy of the movie? Then that person could cover the cost of the setup, and put the balance in an account to perhaps help Blaine out (having gone through a divorce, I know money can be extremely tight if not down right non-existent...I ate a lot of rabbit to keep me fed when I went through mine...).

Just a thought...one that might help out Blaine as well as those folks wanting to get more into wildcatting...???
Old 12-19-2008, 02:31 PM

I have been following this thread for awhile, learned lots, as always. i don't think that Tucker65 meant to offend anyone and I like Tim's idea of seeing if we could not help Blaine in some way. Perhaps these two ideas could merge and everyone would bennefit. When you have nifty machine tools in your garage it is not unusual to want to help others with the same interests.

Lowell

Quote by THOMAS JEFFERSON
Old 12-19-2008, 03:09 PM

As far as marketing the plate goes... Blaine did not start out with any intentions of marketing them. He made the video to show people how it worked and how to make their own. He was thinking to sell videos, not plates. But, the actually effect of the video, was guys calling Blaine to try and buy the plates. So... He set about trying to get them into production. I won't try and go into all the trials and tribulations involved there, but will say it did not go smoothly and ended up costing Blaine quite a bit of money for almost no return. So, bottom line at this point, is he's lost money on the deal and will probably never be able to recoup it.

The last couple times Blaine has been over to the house, he has tried to "give me" the plate business as it stands now (his inventory of parts, plans, contacts etc.). His reason being, he wants to see the idea come to fruition and make some money (for me). I've declined to take it off his hands so far, simply because I have most of the same problems he does - I don't have the time, energy or money to really get it going the way it deserves.

Anyway... My opinion - Blaine would encourage anyone to make one for themselves or even to make a couple for yourself and a buddy or two. But, given that he has sunk a bunch of money, time and effort into trying to get a product into production and onto the market, I don't think he would take it too kindly if someone else picked it up and tried to make money off it without his blessing.

And the plate videos... Next time I see him, I'll see what we can do about getting a few copies available. I've got the masters for both his videos. I'm thinking it won't be anything more than copies made on my computer, one at a time, with no fancy packaging, sold for however much Blaine wants to get for them.

- DAA
Old 12-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Supporting Member

DAA, I'd like a video. I didn't get a video with my plate. Thanks
Old 12-19-2008, 05:16 PM

Great idea Dave, and I'm glad to hear someone is still in touch with Blaine. I know I'd sure feel better if Blaine gave the OK on whatever action is taken, and better yet if in some way he picked up a few dollars as well.

Been at least 2 1/2 years since I last talked to him, right when he was in the thick of family things. Please wish him well from those of us who lost contact.

L.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Supporting Member

Location: Cardington, Ohio, USA, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Milky Way Galaxy

I'll second that. You have a good idea there Dave, and a marketing website aready set up.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:11 PM

Default video

I'd also be interested in a video/DVD/whatever format.