Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Project Guns

Old 03-19-2018, 05:51 AM

Default Rifle thought

Since this is a place for experimental ammunition, what is the thought here towards experimental rifle actions?

Ive tinkered with the idea of bolt actions that can be truly ambidextrous for the user, the bolts can adjust to left or right handed, and not change ejection profile at all, bolt action 30-30s that are actually reliable and can cost as much as a standard henry or marlin lever does.

Ive been thinking on the idea of a semi auto system that can work with genuine sub sonic velocity ammunition and regular ammunition in the same magazine loadout and any random user would not notice any sort of difference in operation, merely notice change in noise, recoil, and bullet impact.

I admit most of my ideas are not suited for say .308 and other heavy pressure cartridged, but my personal interest has been about low velocity accuracy, my preferred load is CCI 22 CB if that tells you anything.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:13 AM

If you have the $$$ anything can happen. Lots of great actions have come and gone over the years. If you are a machinist and had the equipment and desire anything can be built.