Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 05-18-2018, 09:41 PM

Default Ruger PC 9 accuracy and reliability Update

Got my PC 9 a while back, just recently got my 1,000 rounds of CCI Blazer Brass 9mm 115gr ammo.

I watched Rugers very well produced Youtube videos on how to disassemble/reassemble the carbine and cleaned it thoroughly before shooting. I fully stripped it down, lubed it with Corrosion X and was ready to rock.

Shot 100 rounds with Iron sights. Took very little adjusting to get them dialed in.

No malfunctions whatsoever for the first 100 rounds.

I came home, cleaned only the barrel/chamber. Left the action "dirty" from the previous 100 rounds.

I went back out to the range, this time thinking I would like this carbine better with a red dot on top.

So, my 4 year old son and I went back out this morning and shot another flawless 100 rounds through the rifle.

It is awesome. No malfunctions and plenty accurate enough to kill running jacks, which is it's purpose for me. Besides, it's just darn right fun to shoot.

So, 200 rounds total through this without any hickups of any kind. Point of impact doesn't shift after taking barrel off and back on. I did have to adjust the barrel tensioner for a tight fit, otherwise, slight first shot fliers were present. I figured this out in the first 20 rounds though.

If you have a chance to get one of these and have always wanted a 9mm carbine, JUMP. These are a hoot!!!

Old 05-19-2018, 11:34 AM

Try some 147gr loads, both my Keltec's shot them best, a 9mm carbine is a lot of fun and pretty darned practical too.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:53 PM

+1 on 147gr bullets. They are more accurate than 115 or 125gr bullets in my 9mm RRA AR-15 or my 9mm pistols.
Old 05-19-2018, 03:11 PM

Thanks Fellas,
I'll do that.

This looks like a heck of a deal @ $209 and Free Shipping for a case of 1,000

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/fede...9fp-p-661.aspx
Old 05-19-2018, 03:57 PM

Midway has WW 9mm case of 1K for $199 right now.

Austin, when I returned from the Nam, we used to build select fire M4's from AR shorty's for the whopping price of $77 in parts, less the auto sear. Talk about fun in the open desert, shooting running jacks on FA! Good thing for Dillon progressive presses, or I'd have been mortgaging my house for ammo though. 'Course I sold all that stuff so as not to have any issues with our good buddies at ATF years ago, but the memories are still vivid.

Glad you and your son are having fun with that little Ruger nine.
Old 05-19-2018, 06:08 PM

You guys are sure helping me empty my wallet! I really want one. Perhaps I should just sell my Sub 2000 to help pay for one. Now if Magpul would make a TD stock like I put on my 10/22TD it would be really hard not to buy.
Old 05-19-2018, 06:14 PM

Rick, your history lesson made me smile..... I have two buddies that were way too young for Nam, but both were way deep into Class III toys. Both were big fans of H&K weapons. One had a HK53, while the other had a HK93, HK91 and a SP89, and a registered sear that could used in all of them. He also had a MP5SD (suppressed) and a Steyr AUG with a registered sear. I got to shoot several of them occasionally, but could never justify having one of my own. (Both of these guys were single and had good jobs.) However, it get me into reloading and buying a 550B and a liking for AR's.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick in Oregon View Post
Midway has WW 9mm case of 1K for $199 right now.

Austin, when I returned from the Nam, we used to build select fire M4's from AR shorty's for the whopping price of $77 in parts, less the auto sear. Talk about fun in the open desert, shooting running jacks on FA! Good thing for Dillon progressive presses, or I'd have been mortgaging my house for ammo though. 'Course I sold all that stuff so as not to have any issues with our good buddies at ATF years ago, but the memories are still vivid.

Glad you and your son are having fun with that little Ruger nine.

Thanks Rick!

Sounds like fun........ I need to invest in a Dillon