Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Other Forums and Resources > Classifieds

Old 03-18-2008, 07:53 PM

Default TCR-83 Aristocrat for sale

It is a TCR-83 Aristocrat with serial number 7***.

It has two barrels - a Thompson factory barrel in .308 Winchester (23"), and .257 Roberts Ackley Improved (26") made by Virgin Valley Custom Guns. Both barrels have a high polish that matches the receiver.

It has the factory 3-9x40 Thompson 'scope with duplex reticle that came with it, as well as the Burris base that I think the factory was using at the time this rifle was made. The .257 barrel has 'scope and a Leupold base on it.

Being the 83 version and an Aristocrat, it has the double set triggers that work excellently. The rifle is in perfect working order.

The rifle would be in "As New" condition but for three items:

1) Scratches on the underside of the butt made by being carried in a case with another rifle,
2) The fact that it has been shot, and
3) There are hairline cracks in the butt at the rear of the receiver. These are so small I didn't even notice them until I started preparing this rifle for sale. They do not effect operation, and in my opinion are more a matter of how extraordinarily dry my house is, rather than any operational issue. By that I mean that if this rifle were to end up in a humid climate, it is likely that the cracks would disappear. Nonetheless, they are there now.

The cracks and scratches are clearly shown among the 28 pictures located at the site given below.

http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o...rat/?start=all

Oh yeah... Forgot the most important part... $1350, and I am not interested in selling the barrels separately.

Thanks for looking,
Paul

Last edited by paulskvorc; 07-05-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Supporting Member

Default ATTN: GLWenzel...........

This sound like your next rifle.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Supporting Member

You guys are hard on me!!! I have 6 kids to feed!!!

I sure would like to have a 257 barrel though!!! But no can do right now

All I can say is man they are a sweet lil riffle and I am telling ya that set trigger breaks reeeeal nice....

Very nice of you Paul to list it here first
Old 03-19-2008, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Very nice of you Paul to list it here first
No sweat GI.

I did forget to mention that I am open to trade. I'm looking for a single shot falling block of the 44 1/2 Stevens ilk. If "you've" got something like that or a Sharps , or a Farquharsen or... we can certainly talk. I'm especially interested in receivers alone. In fact, when it comes to receivers, I'd be interested in a Ruger No.1.

I don't really want to lose this rifle, but I am in the rifle-buidling mode, and I want to build a falling block in a big bore more than I want this rifle. (Shows how much I want a falling block.) It shoots very well from the .257 barrel - consistent 0.75" or less 5-shot groups with 85-grain Ballistic Silvertips. It's a real sweetheart. If I keep writing, I'm likely to just keep it.

Paul
Old 03-19-2008, 10:24 PM

I don't really expect it to make much difference, but I'm lowering the price to $1,200.

Paul
Old 03-21-2008, 02:48 AM

Default Possible Trade

Hi,

Would you be interested in a Falling Block Works model J action?
The action I have has never been barreled, extractor is blank and the best part is that it is engraved. I was thinking of making a 6.5 BR Mag out of it but I might trade, if you are interested.

Let em know.

Marcos (elalto)
Old 07-05-2008, 04:24 PM

My apologies to those that have replied to this and got no response form me. I wasn't aware that Saubier's had an "automatic notification of responses" feature.

Deals for this rifle have "fallen through" and it is still for sale or trade. Since I have updated my user options to get email notices when I get responses to my posts, I assure you I will respond to any inquiries.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 07-14-2008, 01:22 AM
Supporting Member

Lightbulb

Somebody better buy this sucker before I go see my banker!!!

If this is still for sale annnnnnd Paul is ok with it I would certainly be willing to buy the 257 barrel if someone wanted just a one barrel deal right now???

I know, but I had to try.... I'm thinking I may need the complete package

I have aspirations of a rimmed 257 Roberts. Wild Bill West sent the brass years ago already and the TCR seems to be perfect... Since I have my very first antelope hunt approaching fast this fall and like a women with a closet packed with dresses that well just has nothing to wear for the occasion I have no other riffles for this hunt
Old 07-14-2008, 05:51 AM

I ceraintly don't mind the discussion of separate barrel "deals" Gary. If you can wrangle something up, I'm willing to listen. I haven't gotten a response back from elalto regarding his interest in trading a FB action. I'm really interested in a .405 Win single shot or .50-90 Sharps. Maybe there's a 3-way deal in the works.

Paul
Old 10-29-2011, 11:03 PM
Supporting Member

is this deal still open?