Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 07-03-2018, 11:11 PM
Banned

Talking Ruger

Come on Hal! You act like a fool! You know it's true!!!!
Old 07-03-2018, 11:16 PM

With price match, I paid $691 for the 20” sporter barrel version this past weekend. Trigger—-not good out of the box. Wood touching barrel on one side of barrel channel. With bad trigger, 2” at 100 yards so far with 20 grain. Will try 15 grain soon, and do something with that trigger. Hope to field test this weekend on p-dogs. Still, like it better than the b-mag I traded in.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:46 PM

Unhappy

I am a Ruger nut, all wheelguns. I have had a couple of the 77's in various flavors. The 22's I had left me wanting a fair bit. The price point and what I got or had didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. They sat in the back of the safe for a long time before I threw in the towel. They had real nice wood to boot, that made it hard to get rid of for me.
As to a real 22 RF rifle, I would have kept my 52 sporter. I have had Anshutz, 52's and 40X. Never saw or heard of a Ruger that was in the same ring.

Ruger modified an existing action. Savage, well I am still trying to figure out the meaning to their madness.........

Perusing through some threads. I found where a gent rebarreled a Bmag. The design is a train wreck IMHO.
Any that have read any of Bill Calfees writings will see they have done everything he says not to do
Old 07-04-2018, 12:34 AM
Banned

Default Cci

And I wish CCI loaded 17 WSM ammo
Old 07-04-2018, 12:38 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat cat View Post
Come on Hal! You act like a fool! You know it's true!!!!
Ok. You're the unchallenged king of rimfire.

I bet it and $1.25 will get you a big cup of coffee in most places. That's unparalleled prestige...............

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 07-04-2018, 02:52 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
And I wish CCI loaded 17 WSM ammo
You can... 27 CCM
Old 07-04-2018, 02:54 AM
Supporting Member

Although I’ve defended the 77/s based on my experience with them I really can’t say I’m a Ruger fan. I guess I like the variety from customs to challenging cheapos. I like the 77/rf and cf a lot but just don’t see myself spending $700 on a RF (or if I did, I’d spend a little more for an AR upper... RF style). I guess I that reloading probably weighs in on my lack interest a little bit. That said I’m really happy to hear Ruger doing these good things.

I saw smoke again tonight... I’m sure it’s all but over lol
Old 07-06-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCrock View Post
With price match, I paid $691 for the 20” sporter barrel version this past weekend. Trigger—-not good out of the box. Wood touching barrel on one side of barrel channel. With bad trigger, 2” at 100 yards so far with 20 grain. Will try 15 grain soon, and do something with that trigger. Hope to field test this weekend on p-dogs. Still, like it better than the b-mag I traded in.

Yikes.....hope you get the accuracy dialed in.

Mine shot under 1" even before reducing the tension on the action screws.

I have my front and rear action screws set at 25 inch/lbs with accuracy consistently 3/4" for 5 at 100.

If you still have trouble, try resting your rifle near the front action screw....sometimes with Rugers that aren't floated, that works the best.

Have a fun PD Shoot and update us on your rifles accuracy and performance.

If you get a chance, post up some pics..........I'd love to see your rifle setup.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
I am a Ruger nut, all wheelguns. I have had a couple of the 77's in various flavors. The 22's I had left me wanting a fair bit. The price point and what I got or had didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. They sat in the back of the safe for a long time before I threw in the towel. They had real nice wood to boot, that made it hard to get rid of for me.
As to a real 22 RF rifle, I would have kept my 52 sporter. I have had Anshutz, 52's and 40X. Never saw or heard of a Ruger that was in the same ring.

Ruger modified an existing action. Savage, well I am still trying to figure out the meaning to their madness.........

Perusing through some threads. I found where a gent rebarreled a Bmag. The design is a train wreck IMHO.
Any that have read any of Bill Calfees writings will see they have done everything he says not to do

Train Wreck........that's "Savage" for Bmag!! You nailed it.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:05 PM

Quote:
I've got 9 of them! Love them! I think they are the best rimfire hunting rifle they are!!!! And reading most of your posts I forgot more about rimfire than most of you will ever know.

"What you talkin bout, Willis?"