Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-12-2019, 07:01 PM

Default Proposed new gun laws in Oregon.

Oregon members, I've just been reading today about new proposed gun laws in the State of Oregon. Unbelievable!! Hope you Oregon members will oppose this. I saw were the new Oregon legislature starts next Monday. California has already gone off the rails, and here in Nevada we are just becoming a clone to California. As far as I can tell Nevada has one US House of Representative that's a Republican...no US Republican Senators...and just elected a Democratic Governor who is anti-gun. JUST GREAT!! If they get this (20) rds a month purchase through in Oregon the Skippy/Sage Rat shooting might be reduced a little...LOL! Someone bring me up to speed if what I seeing/reading is incorrect. Thanks, 410gauge
Old 01-12-2019, 07:49 PM

Thankfully I no longer live there. But yes, you are reading it correctly. I read it from one end to the other. The dealer keeps a record but it doesn't sound like its shared so you could in theory go across the street and buy another 20 rounds. Either way its beyond stupid.

Aaron
Old 01-12-2019, 08:14 PM
Supporting Member

What's the term, "death by a thousand cuts"?
Old 01-12-2019, 10:21 PM

You know there is no other reason for all of this snaking around, disarm the public and RULE not represent RULE
Old 01-12-2019, 10:44 PM

Default Proposed new gun laws in Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 410gauge View Post
Oregon members, I've just been reading today about new proposed gun laws in the State of Oregon. Unbelievable!! Hope you Oregon members will oppose this. I saw were the new Oregon legislature starts next Monday. California has already gone off the rails, and here in Nevada we are just becoming a clone to California. As far as I can tell Nevada has one US House of Representative that's a Republican...no US Republican Senators...and just elected a Democratic Governor who is anti-gun. JUST GREAT!! If they get this (20) rds a month purchase through in Oregon the Skippy/Sage Rat shooting might be reduced a little...LOL! Someone bring me up to speed if what I seeing/reading is incorrect. Thanks, 410gauge
From what I read the bill introduced by the one politician will only allow magazines that hold five rounds. Also a 20 round limit, per month of loaded/factory ammo can be bought and they also want a state permit to be bought before anyone can purchase any firearm. Hopefully this will not be passed. I believe RICK (RIO) in Oregon will sure be on top of it and let all of us know how it goes. Oregon, Wash, Georgia and some other states are going lunatic just like Commie California has. Bill K
Old 01-12-2019, 11:51 PM
Supporting Member

Is it just for centerfire rifle ammo? I really can't see anyone counting out 20 rounds of 22 shells or pulling 5 rounds out of a box of shot shells.

Aaron
Old 01-12-2019, 11:57 PM
Supporting Member

What if you are buying .17 HMR ammo and there are 50 rounds in a box?
Should help reloading component sales so you can roll your own or does it involve the number of rounds in possession too?
Here's hoping Trump gets to pick another Supreme Court Justice...real soon I hope!!

Typing while you were long shot.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:24 AM

I didn't see an exception for shot shells or rimfires. I think the way to stop the madness if for all manufacturers to do like Barrett did in Cali. Just do not sell or service to anyone in that state. No feds, state, or local police, nobody. If the cops can't get ammo this will change .

Aaron
Old 01-13-2019, 12:44 AM

Default Proposed New gun laws in Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by long shot View Post
Is it just for centerfire rifle ammo? I really can't see anyone counting out 20 rounds of 22 shells or pulling 5 rounds out of a box of shot shells.

Aaron
I would venture to say, the party introducing the bill has no idea or thought about matters like that. All they are focused on is the number of rounds of ammo sold at each sale. They are just that ignorant of the real world. Bill K

Last edited by Bill K; 01-13-2019 at 01:57 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:26 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

After this last election I expect the same crap to start again
here in CO.

All dem controlled now plus a queer in the gov seat too.

All the more reasons I'm glad to be nearing the end of my trail.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"