Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 09-23-2019, 07:21 PM

Default Hart powder funnel

Looking for feedback on the funnels. Wanting something smaller than the Satern funnels but these are only an inch across. Almost seem too small. Thoughts?

Old 09-23-2019, 07:27 PM
Supporting Member

I use and like them, on small cases they don't tip the brass in the loading block. Maybe on bigger cases you would have to slow the pour.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:49 PM

I have the .17 and .22 funnels. In my opinion, these small funnels are made for small cases, ie. 17 HH and 22 Hornet for me.
Regards,

Joe McNeill
SW Arkansas
Old 09-23-2019, 08:11 PM

https://xtreme-hardcore-gear.myshopi...-6-5mm-264-cal

I use that style. I have the whole set. They work extremely well. I made an adapter to use them on my Prometheus. I can dump a full charge of 26gr of varget into a .17 cal version without stoppages or bridging.

https://forums.gunhive.com/topic/114...unnel-system/8

Old 09-23-2019, 08:35 PM

I use the Xtreme Hardcore Gear caliber specific powder funnels for my .17 and .20 cal stuff and Satern caliber specific funnels for everything else.

The Xtreme Hardcore Gear funnels are very nice but are a little expensive.

https://xtreme-hardcore-gear.myshopi...powder-funnels
Old 09-23-2019, 10:47 PM

I have three types of funnels.

1) MTM Universal
2) Hart 17 Caliber
3) Xtreme Hardcore Gear (a pretty complete set starting at .17)

The MTM was my first funnel when I started out like 25 or 30 years ago. It is a decent funnel, did a lot of work for me. It is a universal plastic funnel and nothing fancy in terms of quality. The funnel has a lot of room. The Hart, which I use for 17 Remington an Fireball, I like a lot, and yes, it is a small funnel, but it works well if you do not get careless/sloppy with it in use. With my MTM, you can kind of get sloppy with technique and toss the charge a bit through some air and catch it. With the Hart, I make sure that I get my powder pan right on the funnel snd pour. As my experience with the Hart is only with the 17, I can't comment how this funnel would work with larger cases if the funnel is sized the same as mine. I do however expect that the .22 cal one would work well on .223 sized cases, as the charges are similar to 17 Remington. The Xtreme Hardcore Gear funnels work well, are very nice quality, and very stylish. There are only two drawbacks. They are kind of heavy and they are pricey. When I am using them, I always feel like I am having to pickup more weight than I have to compared to other funnels. The .22 caliber one doesn't fit my Hornet cases very well, and that's why I want to get a .22 Hart.

With my equipment, my preferred choice of funnels will probably be this:

1) 17 Caliber: Hart
2) 22 Hornet: Hart
3) 22 Caliber, .223 Class: Maybe Hart, or Xtreme Hardcore Gear
3) Everything above .223 Class: Xtreme Hardcore Gear
4) Cartridges I do not have a Hart or Xtreme Hardcore Gear funnel for I will use my MTM

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:28 AM

Thanks for the replies... Looks like i'll place an order for a couple of em
Old 09-24-2019, 01:39 PM
Supporting Member

Tried the Hardcore Gear funnels and had issues with them not fitting over my case necks. Seems that they wern't cut to fit case necks like they should.
Asked about them being "modified/machined" if I sent cases along as a sample? Got brushed off in nothing flat. The folks at Extreme Hardcore Gear couldn't be bothered. Got a bunch of BS about machine work?
Shipped them back and will NEVER do business with them again. I don't like being brushed off and sorry if they can't be bothered to take care of their customers. I would have paid $$$ without issue to have them modified to work the way I wanted them to.

Ordered a few from Heart. Still had issues with the funnels fitting the case necks. Never did figure out why BUT, Hart was all over it. Shipped them back with cases as samples. Hart took care of the fit issues at NO CHARGE.
It's not about the $$$. It's about getting what YOU WANT to do the job the way YOU want it. Hart got my $$$ and my VOTE.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:36 AM

I purchased a couple of funnels from 21st Century. I really like the 3" tube.

http://www.xxicsi.com/powder-funnel.html