Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Other Forums and Resources > Classifieds

Old 03-13-2020, 01:51 PM

Default WTB win 218 bee brass and RP 25-20 brass

WTB Winchester 218 bee brass and RP 25-20 new or used, even if they have been modified, as long as there still some life left in them, I need a small amount of each to replace some that I have lost over the years to damage. please let me know what you have and how much you want. only need brass with those head stamps. thanks
Old 03-13-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckshooter View Post
WTB Winchester 218 bee brass and RP 25-20 new or used, even if they have been modified, as long as there still some life left in them, I need a small amount of each to replace some that I have lost over the years to damage. please let me know what you have and how much you want. only need brass with those head stamps. thanks
Believe Hornady had some 218 bee brass for sale. Bill K
Old 03-13-2020, 02:57 PM

Default Brass

I’m selling some stuff for an elderly friend.
I have this-
Approximately 90 Rem 25/20 brass, some is factory loaded w/ 60 grain bullet. I can pull them.
Approximately 50 Win 25/20 brass, I believe new
All of this brass is in vintage boxes, I think from the 50s or early 60s.
Herters two piece 25/20 dies in Herters box, appears little used.
Would like to get $55 shipped for all of this.
Can send pics to an e mail or phone number.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by df06 View Post
I’m selling some stuff for an elderly friend.
I have this-
Approximately 90 Rem 25/20 brass, some is factory loaded w/ 60 grain bullet. I can pull them.
Approximately 50 Win 25/20 brass, I believe new
All of this brass is in vintage boxes, I think from the 50s or early 60s.
Herters two piece 25/20 dies in Herters box, appears little used.
Would like to get $55 shipped for all of this.
Can send pics to an e mail or phone number.
I'll take it and if it turns out I can't use the die's I'll try and sell them.. I'll send you a p.m.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:09 AM
Supporting Member

Too bad on the required head stamps.. I bought 1k pieces of Starline 32-20 brass about 6-8 months ago. Made quite a bit of 25-20 brass. Pretty nice to work with but comes up a little short for 218 bee iirc
Old 03-15-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWenzl View Post
Too bad on the required head stamps.. I bought 1k pieces of Starline 32-20 brass about 6-8 months ago. Made quite a bit of 25-20 brass. Pretty nice to work with but comes up a little short for 218 bee iirc
I already have some starline brass and it hasn't worked out for what I was doing. as you said , it was too short. I got so frustrated with the brass, that I pulled the barrel on that rifle and re chambered it to a 20 rimmed vartarg. But what this request is for, I like to have a different head stamp for each rifle. I have two 20 killer bee's, one with Winchester brass and one with RP 25-20. I would just like to find a little more for each rifle. I know it's a long shot, but maybe somebody has some they don't need anymore, just maybe? next time I make something that needs 218bee brass, I will buy the Hornady brass.

Last edited by chuckshooter; 03-15-2020 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:09 PM
Supporting Member

I feel your pain... having three 218 Bees, a pair of 17 Kill Bees and one 20 KB I know the importance of finding brass. Fortunate fo me I learned from some of the guys here and stocked up on a lifetime supply of what I intended to shoot but what I did not take into consideration was getting more 218 Bee and Bee based firearms... so now I’m a little short myself.

The Starline 32-20 brass has been such a blessing. I use it mostly for my 25-20 handgun but also shoot a fair amount in my 32-20 handgun and my sons lever rifle. I keep thinking I need another 25-20 and 32-20 in a long gun... probably need to order in another 1k rounds of 32-20 brass so I don’t get caught like I did with the Bees
Old 03-15-2020, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWenzl View Post
I feel your pain... having three 218 Bees, a pair of 17 Kill Bees and one 20 KB I know the importance of finding brass. Fortunate fo me I learned from some of the guys here and stocked up on a lifetime supply of what I intended to shoot but what I did not take into consideration was getting more 218 Bee and Bee based firearms... so now I’m a little short myself.

The Starline 32-20 brass has been such a blessing. I use it mostly for my 25-20 handgun but also shoot a fair amount in my 32-20 handgun and my sons lever rifle. I keep thinking I need another 25-20 and 32-20 in a long gun... probably need to order in another 1k rounds of 32-20 brass so I don’t get caught like I did with the Bees
If I had really thought it through, I would have short chamber this killer bee and the brass might have worked, but I had I lot of failure in case forming down to .20 cal. and then very little neck left. so it is now my 3rd rimmed vartarg using the starline DW360 case. love the gun and cartridge

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-16-2020, 09:54 AM
Supporting Member

I do the same thing for the 17 Jet and 17 Mach IV but for the 17 WS I have to use 357 max brass or I come up a little bit short. I take mine down in more steps but have the same result.

I don’t remember having that many ruined cases once I was set up but like I said, I only made a handful of 218 bee cases and close to 500 of the 25-20s.

I personally do not like short necks and that’s the main reason I would want to shoot the shorter brass.