Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Load Data

Old 07-31-2010, 04:40 PM

Default 17AH w/ 25gr V-MAX & AA 1680

Is anyone loading this combination, I just got some 25 gr. V-MAX and looking at load data from ACCURATE ARMS they are recommending a load with a starting load of 9.7 grs. and a max. of 10.8 grs. this seems very light? I thought possibly someone has some actual experience?
Old 07-31-2010, 07:44 PM

Default I did not try 1680 for the 25 V-Max

I went to the Hodgdon site and started of with H4198 because it showed the greatest velocity potential without having to overfill the small case. The loads are for the 25 grain HP so the 25 V-Max is slightly different. I tried H4198 with three different primers and worked my way up looking for an accurate and safe load. Hodgdon shows the max. load at 11.6 grains for a velocity of 3176 fps. My final load used 11.3 grains of H4198 and a CCI BR4 primer for a velocity of 3260 fps. at .015 off the lands. Once again as rifles are individuals and this load and results may not work or be safe in your rifle.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahoghunter View Post
Is anyone loading this combination, I just got some 25 gr. V-MAX and looking at load data from ACCURATE ARMS they are recommending a load with a starting load of 9.7 grs. and a max. of 10.8 grs. this seems very light? I thought possibly someone has some actual experience?
I go about 11gr myself. No point stressing the brass out. Depends on which action you're using, too. My Cooper 38 can take a bit more than my father in law's Kimber with rear locking lugs.