Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 12-02-2018, 02:54 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Ol' Doug:

That's a LONG time ago memory!!

Dad got the best grades in the US pipe fitters apprentiship and they
sent him to NYC to the national meetings in '51. Out and about he got
into some studio and got to watch television and made a 45 rpm record of his tales and what he'd seen.
Neighbors got one several years before we did in '54 I think it was. Just think of all the hours we wasted in front of those things when we could have been out shooting things up with the .22's and bb guns!

I got married and moved to Co/Spgs in March '64. Circle Drive was the furthest East street bordering a pasture. I sat in the fence corner of Circle and Airport Rd and shot my antelope buck that fall. Now Powers and the airport are ten miles east or more. Just imagine, what used to be 38 miles from Pueblo. To the new hospital I went to is 68 miles from the N side of Pueblo going the shortest way.
Yep, the Springs had 47,000 when I was up there. Now they're closing in on half million and there "ain't" no more pastures!!

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 12-02-2018, 04:15 PM
Supporting Member

This is not the most active forum I participate on but it is far and away my favourite, just because it is the most civil place I know of. It also has a whole bunch of guys that really know what they are talking about and are always willing to share the info. If there are disagreements, they are respectful, moderate in tone, and remain polite.

I check in here regularly. Hope the environment here never changes.All the best to the mods and the members/guests.
Old 12-02-2018, 04:33 PM

I'll add a big 'thank you' to the mods for all the hard work and long hours they put into this forum. I know it's a lot of work with little reward.

As has been mentioned, this is indeed the most civil forum on the net devoted to small calibers with the most knowledgeable and helpful members I"m aware of. I've never had a question go unanswered here.....thanks to all.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:29 PM

Default It's....

The Best, hands down. Come here almost every day most times more than once.
As Wm. T. Bill Oviatt (RIP) used to say..."Burn Powder, not comrades."
Old 12-02-2018, 07:36 PM

Thanks to the mods and members for keeping this forum one of the most informative and polite on the net. I don’t post a whole lot because I’m a neophyte in this crowd but I have learned so much and am deeply appreciative. The only downside to this forum is my wallet remains lighter than it would have if I hadn’t tried my first CZ in 17Rem. I now own several small caliber rifles and am building a 20 Vartarg with the inspiration I’ve received from this forum.

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2018, 09:20 PM

Saubier is like family. The guys here, much wiser than I, have been very helpful in shining a light on the 22 Hornet in particular. My favorite cartridge, thanks to info I read using the search function.

It's a great place to be and I'm happy that I'm a part of it.

Hopefully, I've provided a little entertainment to repay those with the "real" knowledge.

Afterall, I'm just a young pup and a lot of you guys are great mentors.

No other site gives such great info with no strings attached.

This is a great group of guys, but alas I'm preaching to the choir.

Thanks back to the mods, for a job well done maintaining this great encyclopedia.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:10 AM
Administrator

Default While I thank all the folks that gave all the mods some Kados...

… it's been a hoot to be a mod/adm. Hasn't been all that much work, only requiring usually pointing out that this is a "family" group and asking all to remember that. The three of us over the years have only been called on to do more that remind folks of what's expected a very few times. We were all serious when someone went over the line and simply asked them to leave (quite often a couple of warnings and then removing their ability to post.)

So thanks to all of the gang. It would be fun to know how old everyone is. I'll bet no more than three are older than me

Montdoug, why don't you start a thread on this?

Alex
Old 12-03-2018, 01:12 AM

I just plain enjoy using this site, I really like the stories and the tales, the advice too.

Thank you to all
Sunny
Old 12-03-2018, 01:49 AM

Default Just wanna say thanks from the mods.

[

So thanks to all of the gang. It would be fun to know how old everyone is. I'll bet no more than three are older than me

Montdoug, why don't you start a thread on this?

Alex[/quote]

Well Alex, not Montdoug, but I will tell my mature age. 80 and going onto 81, but still kicking and able, thus far, to get out shooting our squeeks, chucks, rabbits and call coyotes. Bill K ( so not Alex what is your level of maturity ? )
Old 12-03-2018, 05:13 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

COme on Bill, start the age as Alex asked.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"