Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2014, 02:56 AM

TP4,
Looking forward to your assessment of the Boyd's Stock. I have the same synthetic stock and am interested in replacing it. Let us know what is involved in fitting the stock to the action.
Thanks, John
Old 06-05-2014, 03:38 AM

Default CZ 527 replacement Stock

Why doesn't anyone contact CZ and buy one direct. If you do though, make sure to buy the american standard stock, not the m1 wood stock because there is too much drop at the comb on the m1 stock.

-Darrell
Old 06-06-2014, 04:34 AM

CZ USA does have the standard American wood stocks for sale on their website. The problem with their design is that the comb is too low and you end up with a chin weld instead of a solid cheek weld when using the factory scope rings. A Monte Carlo style cheek piece would solve that issue. Also, the fore arm on the CZ stock is very flimsy. Hopefully the Boyds stock will be more similar to a Remington 700 BDL. That pattern is far superior to the CZ stock in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I love my CZ 527s but, the synthetic stock is cheesy and their wood stock is only a slight upgrade.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:54 PM

The synthetic stock on the 221 Fireball Rem 700 Light Varmint Stainless Fluted was pretty cheezy too. Random points of contact on the barrel. 3-shot groups were usually tight but they were all over the place and not repeatable.

I replaced it with a Boyd's Thumbhole Laminate. Very rigid and was the exact right thing to do for the gun. Only problem is laminate stocks are heavy. Now I have a Heavy Varmint Stainless Fluted but it is very accurate. Sold the factory stock on evilBay for a good amount of money so the replacement didn't cost me much.

Good luck with your walnut stock.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:51 PM
Supporting Member

With results like that; I can live with the extra weight.
Larry