Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Project Guns

Old 07-14-2017, 04:23 AM

Default .204 build

When I first joined this forum about 2-3 months ago I had two .17 Remington's. One was a factory rem 700 bdl wich now has a varmit contour.204 rem barrel on it and shoots really well. The other was a Cooper model 51 in .17 rem with a 10 twist barrel. When I ordered it I wanted a 9 twist and things didn't work out and a got a 10. Well now it's at the gunsmith getting a Lilja ss 9 twist Barrel and a couple other things done to it. Yesterday I ordered an xcaliber ss 11 twist 3 groove 20 cal barrel from chuck miller off this forum and a bell and Carlson stock to put on a .223 howa action I have. I have a gunsmith close to me that's going to chamber it in .204 for me. About a year and a half ago the only thing I ever shot was .223 and shot close to 1000 rounds a winter now I think I am addicted to .17 and .20 caliber rifles. thanks guys. Haha. Thank you to everyone for all of the information especially coyote spotter and silverfox there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum and good people. Thanks guys
Old 07-14-2017, 04:37 AM

Default 204 build

The 204 is a fine cartridge and is a joy too shot. And you are correct there is wealth of knowledge, from members here.
But hang onto or hide your wallet, as it can become addictive and there is always something coming up in the classified section, that will reach out a grab you. Keep us posted on your builds and remember we love photo's. Bill K
Old 07-14-2017, 02:30 PM

Not sure of the "Term" Inherently Accurate In my 50+ years of shooting the 204-222-6BR are in that category. It is almost impossible to find a load for these that will not shoot accurately

I know that there are other just speaking of Factory Chamberings

Good Luck

Jim
Old 01-17-2018, 12:43 AM

Got the .204 put together and put about 400 rounds down the tube. It’s shoots really well. It has bagged several yotes this winter and I am very happy with it. Thanks for the barrel chuck.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Rocklong; 01-17-2018 at 01:36 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:48 AM

Here’s a couple more targets. All 5 shots at 100 yards. The one with the shot out of the group was a sight in shot.

[IMG] [/IMG]
Old 01-18-2018, 11:24 AM

Those are some great shots, Rocklong!
Old 01-22-2018, 11:29 PM

Took the .204 out for an evening coyote stand. I pulled up behind a dam and walked up over it and sat down in my chair. As soon as I sat down I seen four coyotes sunning about half mile away. First I female howled at them and they didn’t even look my way then I put a woodpecker on and within a couple minutes two of the where right in front of me. The big one was about 150yrds and I shot him first. The other one was about 50yrds from me when I shot the first one he turned and run. I put on a little pup distress and he instantly turned around and come running in to about ten yards and I shot her. They where both rubbed from mating and the hides are no good.
The other pic is a coyote I shot about two weeks ago and he is really orange like a fox. Kind of neat, I shot a lot of coyotes around this country and have never seen one like this.

[IMG] [/IMG]