Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-13-2023, 04:06 PM

I have a Bmag, and like it a lot. It is a 1" @100 shooter, not great, but for what I shoot, Pdogs, it has taken a many out to 300yds. Inside of 200 it is not the guns fault if I miss. I don't know what the future brings with ammo, but hopefully, it will be supported.
Old 03-13-2023, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
I think we should remember that the cartridge/brass used in teh 17 wsm was developed and used in nail guns, so it is produced with just the need to fire and shoot a nail or projectile into a surface.
It is therefore not made with it's use and intent for an accurate load purpose.
But it did produce a 17 cal cartridge, by the maker to gain some FPS over the 17 HMR.
So it will vary, and can do so a good amount between lots, as it is made.
So, as stated by some, you better check the POI in each lot change.

There ya go again Bill, back with the common sense and perfectly times good information, same as I have noticed you come out with over the years. Thanks

I am going to use it as it was intended, in my case as a rabbit and fox rifle, maybe even a few of our ferocious feral cats as well.
Got a trip out to a mates property lined up for a shoot, sight in session, then out to one of my old rabbit shooting properties to try scrape up a feed of nice young rabbits.

Thanks all for your replies and thoughts, though I do feel sorry for those who had to settle for a Bmag.
Old 03-14-2023, 12:38 AM

I thought about a 17 WSM for a while, but then, how much better it really is from my 17 HMR, I jsut could not make myself go with one, plus the rifles they have/had out with it, just did not excite me.
Then the fact that if I want something with more zip the the HMR, I just pull out the CZ527 in 17 Fireball and have at it. Reloading it makes it just about as cheap to shoot as the WSM would have been and much easier to locate brass, etc. ( even tho the MSM in not a reloadable case, with special equipment, being a rimfire.)
Very happy with the HMR and fireball.

( Thank you for the kind words)
Old 03-14-2023, 09:43 PM

Man I sure like the 17WSM.
I just looked on GB the other day, people are paying over $500 for a case!!
Buddy told me I should sell all of my ammo and rifle, take those funds and put a chunk towards the new truck I keep looking at. Take the rest and build another little 17 center fire.

It dang sure is tempting.
If it gets to $600 a case I will be selling all of it!
Old 03-15-2023, 12:00 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

JSH:

There's a whole lot of difference between list price

and selling rice. Make sure you know which one you are talking about.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 03-15-2023, 12:46 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeld View Post
JSH:

That's selling price.
Old 03-15-2023, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Mayer View Post
That's selling price.
Yep. When I was eyeing one, I did the same thing. Well, first I looked around and saw VERY few retail options available/in-stock. So I hit GB and looked around. Good heavens, the selling prices are outrageous (and those don’t even include the shipping, buyer’s compliance fee, taxes, and credit card surcharge)!!! Hence why I tracked down a .17AB and .17FB (both for less than what a CZ 527 in .17HH is going for), and I’m stocking up on components. I figure I can reload for around twice the cost (possibly less) of .17HMR ammo and net easily twice the performance. The WSM looks neat, but not at current prices when it isn’t a reloadable case.

Last edited by Basher; 03-15-2023 at 12:58 AM.
Old 03-15-2023, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeld View Post
JSH:

As mentioned that is selling price, tax and shipping.
Buddy said he saw a case sell for short of $600, but with tax and shipping was over the top.

I pay zero attention to asking price. There were some rifles on there a while back the asking price was almost double of new. I have done a fair bit of “horse trading “ over the years, it’s easier to come down than try to go up.
Old 03-22-2023, 04:12 PM
Supporting Member

I have a Bmag, and with B23's help I had it threaded for a suppressor. 4 years ago I shot a coyote with it at 112 yards with that 20 grain bullet, off the covered deck of my house. It ran about 100 yards and I found it piled up behind a bush. I must be very discreet when shooting at home. I was and still am impressed what that little round will do.
Old 03-23-2023, 11:28 AM

Poking around in a Walmart a while back, waiting on a set of tires the 30 minutes turned into 2 hours. I walked around lawn and garden, pet supplies and tried to stay out of they camping, fishing and hunting stuff. An older gent showed up and was stocking a shelf, asked me if I needed anything. I said oh if ya had a box or two of 17WSM and price wasn’t too bad I would take some.
He went and opened the cabinet and got down on very bottom shelf and reached
all the way in the back, how many do you want? There was a whole case that he said the kids never put out because there was no spot marked for it. They then had it behind some shotgun shells, 28 gauge to boot.
I bought the whole case for $12.95 per 50. Cheaper than what it was on the shelf at cabelas/basspro a few years ago. He did tell me that this came in last month?

I didn’t really need anymore, but I don’t look a gift horse in the mouth either.