Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-27-2018, 10:01 PM

250/day is my max. If I shoot that many it has been a good day and I’m ready to clean the rifles and get some beer and food.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:09 PM

And be sure you bring multiple rifles to alternate them to let one cool down while another can keep going.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:41 PM

Unhappy

500 is probably more realistic. I think the rimfires and Marauders would get alot of the load. 10 of the BX-25 mags loaded would be a nice start. I still have HMR brass popping out on my pickup from years of plinking. I think I shot 380 on one day with center fire rifles last year in one day, but that was 4 rifles and a bunch of .17H that with the .920 straight barrel takes a LONG time to heat up. I actually got my Savage 40 in .22H warm enough that I had to shut it down. I was out closer to 12 hours. I don't get to shoot rifles nearly enough any more, so when I go, I get my $$ worth, of shooting. I miss the days when I would take my 10/22 and a couple mags in my pocket and walk the pasture or go up to the local dog town. Now, I am looking at an 8 hr drive this year and 22 hour trip next year.