Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 08-15-2014, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jholp View Post
I am very interested in this post! I have a Martini model #12 all ready to go for this cartridge. Vick Samuel has prepared my action by converting it to center-fire, squared the action face, and fitted a extractor for the 38/357 case.

I have Dick Saunders' book/s, he did much work with the 357/22 Jet in 17 caliber.

So, I too need to find a 20 caliber chamber reamer for what I would call a 20 357 or 22 Jet Improved. Saunders sent me some 17 357 fire formed empties that look quiet wicked, nice straight side wall, 32 degree sharp shoulder, and he had another chambering with a 40 degree shoulder.

I have much new 22 Jet brass purchased long ago that I will attempt to use. It is an easy step from 22 Jet down to 20 357. I know annealing should be done after forming and before firing.

What I need is exactly what you are looking for -- a 20 caliber reamer that cuts a 20 357 chamber. So if/when we find one I'll share with you and I would ask you do the same.

John
The 357 is bigger in the base, than the Jet. That won't be a problem?

Anyway, we will do as you suggest. Whoever finds the correct reamer, could lend it to the other party.