Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 07-25-2015, 01:20 AM

and here is another one

The scenic hills of Bonnie Doon and a mates 257Wby in the background

Old 07-25-2015, 02:32 AM

Default Down Under ( Somewhat off Topic)

involves shooting, so not really off topic, to me Some fine looking varmints in the photo's. Like the tree at the Pub. Bill K
Old 07-25-2015, 06:21 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

That tree is funny!, Thanks for sharing.

Bonnie Doon, that's where Aussie Steve said he was.
Hmmm, has me wondering now about your mates rifle!!

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 07-25-2015, 07:40 AM

George that's Aussie Steve's rifle on Aussie Steve's farm!! Good pick up!
Old 07-25-2015, 05:39 PM
Supporting Member

Default harvesting moggies

I guess we all have our methods for dealing with the moggie's in our area. Living in the Texas burbs I don't get a chance to use my various long guns on the field lions. Frankly I have better luck with the "heavy iron" in close quarters. At one time the neighborhood was over run with "moggies". I was on a first name basis with the animal control guys....not so much anymore, probably average10-12 a year. They use to joke that I was a regular revenue stream on the collared victims. Collar or not they all get a trip to the big house. I offered a quick swim in the pool.... First time they came out a little lady wearing the uniform brought a little plastic carrier, shortly after that the little kitty, bigger than the one in the pic, lunged at her in a full throated growl. She asked if she could just return the trap. This big male bruiser in the trap got loose in their building upon trying to transfer it I always leave the pool option open....the ones I catch in southern OK....well they are not so lucky.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:34 AM

LOL- cats in the tree looked pretty dry. S'pose in the summer, they'd stink for only a day or two.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:18 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Trevort:
Do you know if that's the stainless barrel I shipped him? I've never seen his guns, nor his place. damned little farming on land like that! I know a bit about the place but, never seen pics til this. Thanks. Am hoping to see it in person next year. IF you're around maybe we can meet too.

Chuck: Had a feral hit by a car here some yrs ago. I thought it was a neighbors cat so I tried to pick it up. Jeeze those fangs did a JOB on my wrist.
Blood poisoning and all too! Cat was hurt too bad internally so they "put it down". Since then the wife has died and girl took all our cats n dogs so I keep the cats "sorted". Just about got one a couple weeks ago in the back yard. Had time to get the rifle and to the back door, it sat there a bit then over the gate it went just before I got the rifle up. Wish I'd had the door open. That's the first I've seen in the yard for a couple yrs now. Two across the street but, they don't come over here. I think that one was a feral. Two herds of 'em not far away. Both maybe 100yds from me but, don't see any around here now.

Daryl: I had the same thoughts, a bit dry for awhile. Age's 'em good though huh?

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 07-28-2015, 07:35 AM

Hey George, that rifle was a stock standard Weatherby Vanguard .257 Wby bedded into a Richards stock. It shot very well, though I could only manage 3600fps with 85gn NBT's so I sold it. I'll try and find a pic of the .17/.223AI for you

Steve
Old 07-30-2015, 09:54 AM

George it would be great to meet. I live on the south east edge of Melbourne. My mobile number is 0400594084 so let me me know on here when its closer to the time and you can call me when you are here.

I had a few really great outings with Steve but his work has changed and he can't do weekends and I would have difficulty getting out during the week. We will work it out one day! Life is busy!

I shot my first Sambar deer a few weeks back and am off to try it again under my own steam (as opposed to someones guest) for the first time at the weekend. It was delicious so i am pretty focused on getting the hang of that at the moment!
Old 07-30-2015, 02:12 PM

....I always wondered where the name "Pussy Willow" came from! Another learning (illustrated, no less!) experience courteous of the Saubier Gang!!!!

Bill