Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-23-2017, 07:34 PM
Supporting Member

Default well....

Chuckshooter, the fact that your using and own Martinis confirms that you are a man of impeccable taste and refinement. Even though I'm not a fan of the hornet case I do have my share of them. For the sake of doing something different I can see a 20 AI Hornet would interest any small caliber guy. Please post pics when your through, as well as some of your Martini's. We have a pretty healthy group of Martini owners here.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:44 AM

I did find out some info from redding and todd kindle requarding 20 ah reamer and dies that I will share later... now I'm in nevada shooting those little vermin that I build these guns for... I can not post pictures other wise I would share pics of my latest martini build in 20 rimmed vartarg. . I have a mesage in to alex for help. If anyone has help it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:23 PM

Default 20 Ack Hornet

Good day, I had a 20 Ack Hornet built a few years ago. I built it on a BRNO ZKW 465 action, similar to the CZ 527. I tried a number of different powders but settled on IMR 4227. I am shooting the 32 grain Sierra Blitzking in it but it works well with the 32 grain Hornady VMax and the 32 Grain Noslers.

My load is 12.7 grains of IMR 4227 with Federal 205 primers with a COL of 1.911 inches.

The velocities are 3250 fps at a temperature of 21 Celsius.

I could probably get a bit more speed but I get 0.5 inch 5 shots groups with this load at 100 yards. The gophers I have shot probably wouldn't have noticed another 50 fps. I found that with the shooting I do this round is very good out to 225 yards.

I had no problem using the Redding die to form cases from 22 Hornet brass. Fire forming was not a problem

hope this helps

kim
Old 05-27-2017, 02:40 AM

Default Case capacity with 1680

Would someone be able to tell me what the case capacity of the 20AH is using 1680 powder filled to the base of the neck please? Thanks!
Old 05-28-2017, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckshooter View Post
I did find out some info from redding and todd kindle requarding 20 ah reamer and dies that I will share later... now I'm in nevada shooting those little vermin that I build these guns for... I can not post pictures other wise I would share pics of my latest martini build in 20 rimmed vartarg. . I have a mesage in to alex for help. If anyone has help it would be greatly appreciated.
When will you share the reamer an die info you mentioned?
Old 05-28-2017, 03:15 PM

Default 20ah info

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotezapper View Post
When will you share the reamer an die info you mentioned?
I have been scolded before for using the term standard print, most popular is what I was told to use. so here is what I found out. the 20AH print from Todd's book / also post#6 is the most popular and matches up with 20AH Redding dies according to Scott Lawrence @ redding