Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-25-2018, 04:32 AM

Default 17 hornet

I just realized how tiny this round actually is this afternoon. I was in my local dunhams store, store is a crappy place ill admit. Lots of new inventory comes in on their delieviery truck with "returned item stickers" from other stores on it, packages on the shelf with things missing from them.

In the past the notable part was the amount of ammunition boxes that were tapped up with ammunition missing from them. Sometimes I have found whole boxes switched out with something else. One time the cartridges from a box of 308 softpoints was swapped out with the ammunition form a box of FMJ, things like that. Last year I tracked several boxes of the CCI Christmas 50 count plastic boxes taped up with 4-7 rounds missing from them.

Anyway today I found my first box of 17hornet. from hornady, but the box was ripped up, and taped up well. Juggling it around, the 25 round box wasn't as heavy as a single round of 125 grain JHP 38 special.

Never really realized the tiny aspect of this round, or the other tiny ones here.