Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2017, 02:58 PM

Default Plan ahead people

As you know, or should if you live in Commie Kalifornia, starting Jan 1, 2018 our online dealers/suppliers of our reloading items, can no longer sell directly to us. They will send it to a FFL dealer and that is where we must pick it up.
So check our stock and plan ahead, if you do most of your purchases via on line dealers, as many of us do, unless you live in or close to a store that has good supplies on hand. Bill K ( If you have read the small print or received email notices from those suppliers, as I have, then you know this and it is coming Jan 1,2018)
Old 11-16-2017, 03:29 PM

Wow, that sure sucks, Bill. I have yet to hear of any these nutballs that are shooting innocent people using handloads. I'm sure that is part of the excuse for this.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:38 PM

When they can't outlaw guns, they will try to do the next best thing, make it impossible to get ammo, or too expensive. Imagine if they pass a law that any ffl that sells ammo to one of these nut jobs is liable, or has to carry 5 million in insurance to sell it. Look haw many countries in Europe do it. They ban the sales or having of any ammo used in military arms. Lots of countries have no .223 and .308. Many its almost impossible to get handgun ammo.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:40 PM

Bill,
I take it that’s only cases, bullets, primers and powder, and doesn’t include any tooling?
Ken.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:51 PM
Supporting Member

What? I was under the impression that the new law only impacted loaded ammo, not components.

We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do great violence on our behalf. -- George Orwell
Old 11-16-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbro View Post
Bill,
I take it that’s only cases, bullets, primers and powder, and doesn’t include any tooling?
Ken.
I take it, so far, reloading components. But the way Kalifornia is they just might think of all the equipment and include it. You know, like I , how many criminals reload their ammo, to use for murder. Bill K
Old 11-16-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinePMI View Post
What? I was under the impression that the new law only impacted loaded ammo, not components.
I believe that is how it began, but then Moonbeam, Feinstein and their type added all components. So that effects us in Kalifornia and the suppliers shipping into the state to individuals. It all has to go through a FFL now.
And too add to the stupity, if they add and require dealers(FFL) to also put in video equipment and record the sale/pickup, plus the $50.00 for 4 year permit, which must be shown at the time you pick up items, I know some gun store/dealers that say they will just close shop in Kalifornia. And you/we still believe our politicians believe in and support the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights, not by a long shot. Bill K
Old 11-16-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
I take it, so far, reloading components. But the way Kalifornia is they just might think of all the equipment and include it. You know, like I , how many criminals reload their ammo, to use for murder. Bill K
Bill,
Google ‘Pensioner jailed for making bullets for criminals in UK.’
KEN.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:28 PM
Supporting Member

Looks like there's some bad scoop going around; reloading components are not affected by the new laws.

https://calguns.net/calgunforum/show....php?t=1394194

We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do great violence on our behalf. -- George Orwell
Old 11-16-2017, 05:10 PM

Talked with several supply companies that I order from in regards to reloading supplies
being shipped to and individual after January 1st. Only one stated that they were going to use an FFL Vender, and that it was their policy and theirs only. What other companies do
is their policy. Until the law states they have to go through a FFL Vender, their going
to continue shipments of reloading supplies to the individual. So, check with your supplier before creating a panic.