Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-14-2018, 12:14 AM
Supporting Member

Seems like us "little guys" always get the short end of the stick from big business? I'am getting a little too old to be getting screwed. I'am mad as hell and am not going to take it anymore!!

Had issues with one of the bigger banks. Been a while but they dumped a gunsmith for his "gun" business? Not long ago they closed my local bank branch and another branch in another town about 25 minutes. If I can't walk in and talk to somebody about a banking issue eye to eye, they don't need this little guy.

Got issues with another BIG bank. I have a Durable Power of Attorney to handle my sisters finances. Can't remember how many papers I've signed and had notarized over the last three years to take care of her business. Now when I try to access her funds, I get the run around. Need more papers signed?
Been on the phone to folks in Utah,Minnesota and Missouri and still can't get anything done. A while back I had things set so funds would be pulled from sisters 401K for taxes. Was suppose to be automatic? Called the gal that I worked with and was told " We arn't servicing that account anymore". HUH??
Nothing but BS!! And the DPoA doesn't mean JACK to them.
Stopped at my local bank where I know a BUNCH of people and where they handle MY finances for years and mentioned moving sisters accounts over to them. In 3 days, accounts are moved and I didn't have any BS to deal with. Folks bent over backwards to help any way they could. Big business and big banks? Take that!! Hit them in the pocket book!
Old 03-14-2018, 12:34 AM

Default The equation

Hi there,
I used to buy stuff from Gander Mountain bout 25 years ago, before online sales, I used to ring them about midnight our time, I think it was early US time, at that time great products and service. Been many years since then.
Pardon my ignorance but what do you guys mean by the "Gander factor"??
Some businesses just don't realise it's their customers that make them!!!
Regards, Jay
Old 03-14-2018, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Mikie View Post
Seems like us "little guys" always get the short end of the stick from big business? I'am getting a little too old to be getting screwed. I'am mad as hell and am not going to take it anymore!!

Had issues with one of the bigger banks. Been a while but they dumped a gunsmith for his "gun" business? Not long ago they closed my local bank branch and another branch in another town about 25 minutes. If I can't walk in and talk to somebody about a banking issue eye to eye, they don't need this little guy.

Got issues with another BIG bank. I have a Durable Power of Attorney to handle my sisters finances. Can't remember how many papers I've signed and had notarized over the last three years to take care of her business. Now when I try to access her funds, I get the run around. Need more papers signed?
Been on the phone to folks in Utah,Minnesota and Missouri and still can't get anything done. A while back I had things set so funds would be pulled from sisters 401K for taxes. Was suppose to be automatic? Called the gal that I worked with and was told " We arn't servicing that account anymore". HUH??
Nothing but BS!! And the DPoA doesn't mean JACK to them.
Stopped at my local bank where I know a BUNCH of people and where they handle MY finances for years and mentioned moving sisters accounts over to them. In 3 days, accounts are moved and I didn't have any BS to deal with. Folks bent over backwards to help any way they could. Big business and big banks? Take that!! Hit them in the pocket book!
I couldn’t agree more Mike. I was with Bank of America for over 25 years, should have left years before I did. I don’t have anything good to say about their customer service - steady deterioration.

I switched to a regional bank, and it is run the way a bank ought to be. Couldn’t be happier. They are helpful and easy to deal with.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:33 AM
Supporting Member

Didn't want to mention names but it was Bank of America that pulled out of town.
Pulled my account down to zero over a period of time.. Took a while for me to get to a branch office but with a zero balance, they charged me a fee for that. When I spoke to a Customer Service rep at a branch office he mentioned "your account was overdrawn". BS, you charged me for the zero balance because I couldn't get to a branch to close the account in person. I was only with B of A for 35 years.

The other big bank is Wells Fargo. More BS than anybody ever needs to deal with.

Funny how much a local bank will go out of their way to get your business and take care of you after getting it.
The folks at my local bank? Been working on the bank cars and a bunch of the folks that work there for years. From the President down to the guy that sweeps the floor. Every one of them are first class folks. Saw lots of them go by the shop on the way to work every day for 15 + years.
On Monday morning, if there's a car in their lot, it's a repo or it's for sale.
One quick call gets the answer.
There's a white pick up in the lot? Yes, it's for sale. Come get it and check it out.
How much? $5K.
Put me down for $5001.00.
Short time later,Come get your truck.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:07 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

I was doing my business banking for years at United Bank. We'd bought our house thru a loan from them. Within months they sold the loan. Never had a clue where the next payment was supposed to be sent.

I was depositing a dozen or 40 checks a day (+- $18.000 a month) when they came up with: "we're going to start charging ?? per check to handle them". "not on MY account you're not!~" "oh yes sir, we've started doing it already".
I was down there in half hour and closed it up. Aunt had told my wife that credit unions pay % on everything where banks charge for everything. So I just opened up a new business account with them.

Engine crapped out on my only delivery van. Needed a crankshaft. Local shop ground them. "will take three weeks for yours, but, we have one ready like it".
Ok, paid with a check.
Took it to the shop and we were going to build the engine. Don said: "look at the journals, corners are sharp ground, that crank will break and destroy your engine, take it back, they have to have a radius in the corners". Lesson learned, I never knew that.

Shop guy I got it from said: "nothing wrong with that I'm not trading and giving yours back either one, sales done". "can I use your phone?" "sure, here". "C/U, I just wrote Balchuk automotive a check for $200 or such, put a stop payment on it right now".

Talk about someone coming unglued!!!! Got my old crank back damned quick. I had a bunch of deliveries to make. Delays held me up over a week. Damned if I didn't have a 60mph crash into a p/up on the way home with it the night we got done. Lady entering crossed clear over to the L lane. No way I could miss or get stopped. Things like that can and will sink your boat and business too. Don't know how I got lucky and her and dau did too. Instead of rearending them I had a brief shot and broadside hit at the bed/cab joint and took it. Glancing crash. No injuries and considering not any real damage either. Ended up sectioning a corner and windshield on my van. I hired a kid to help me do it and junk yard sawed one off to my measurements and markings. Actually made money on that wreck by doing it myself. Helps to be able to do such things.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 03-14-2018, 01:06 PM
Supporting Member

Default Refund

Quote:
Originally Posted by todosan View Post
In a similar fashion, my brother got a coupon from Brownell's in thee mail. Its a two hour drive out to the store. He went out there and selected about $600 with a stuff. When he checked out, he discovered the coupon expired the day before and of course they would not honor it. He told them to keep most of it. He was really torqued since he drove so far.

For me, I will not buy from them probably again. I will also let people know about the lack of customer focus. I find that most businesses do not care and eventually careless handling of customer leads to the Gander factor.
And you place the blame on Brownells ????????????? Give me a break.......
Old 03-14-2018, 02:08 PM

My dad had several accounts at Wells Fargo for years as well. No more, switched over to regional bank as well.

It seems a pretty obvious pattern that Wells Fargo and BofA don’t want individual or small business customers.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:14 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by todosan View Post
In a similar fashion, my brother got a coupon from Brownell's in thee mail. Its a two hour drive out to the store. He went out there and selected about $600 with a stuff. When he checked out, he discovered the coupon expired the day before and of course they would not honor it. He told them to keep most of it. He was really torqued since he drove so far.

For me, I will not buy from them probably again. I will also let people know about the lack of customer focus. I find that most businesses do not care and eventually careless handling of customer leads to the Gander factor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrock ranger View Post
+1 to what redrock ranger said. That sounds like the proverbial "the dog ate my homework" level of excuse for blaming something/someone else rather than accepting personal responsibility for yourself.

If driving 2 hours was a big deal, imagine what 10 seconds of read time with the coupon would have avoided before he left on safari. Sheesh.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 03-14-2018, 03:51 PM
Supporting Member

I think what it boils down to is us little guys are tired of taking crap from the big boys?? The big boys are starting to get a little kick back/flack.
Look what happened in the last election.
Screw me once (?), my fault. You'll never get a second chance.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:24 PM
Supporting Member

Default BROWNELLS follow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrock ranger View Post
Brownells has has a very knowledgeable staff on the showroom floor, shotgunners,hand gunners and rifle shooters,many reload. You also set down at a computer on a counter and fill out your order from online catalog. If your not a computer geek they will help you fill out an order. Your order name appears on a screen{one of many} When your order is filled you go to a register and view your order before payment.

Brownells is one of the largest donors to the shooting sports industry and a champion of the 2nd Admendment.

Just a reminder for those who forget.