Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 03-27-2017, 09:17 AM

Default .22 K-Hornet Cadet

Hi to all -
I have just acquired a Martini Cadet in .22 K-Hornet. Heavy? barrel, .750" at the muzzle diameter, 21" barrel.
Have shot it with a crappy old scope, Nikko Stirling, that has been battered about and old, but with .22 factory Hornet ammo I was able to shoot a 5/8" group at 100 yards!! I was impressed and that's why I thought it would be a good buy and a good fox rifle.
Has anyone from Oz got any loads, I would like to use ADI powder, and maybe 40gn. SP projectiles. I have just set it up with a Leupold 3-9x40, but have yet had a chance to get out for a shot. Still may get another scope later on?
I will try to attach a couple of pics of the outfit. Grateful for any assistance or comments. Jay
Old 03-27-2017, 09:35 AM

Default .22 K-Hornet Cadet

pics - is there an easy way to attach pics?? I have them from a camera that I am able to get to the desktop, but unable to link to this thread?? Jay
Old 03-27-2017, 03:12 PM

The best loads in my 22 KHornet are:
40 gr. Nosler Varmitgeddon 12.9 WW296 Fed 100 R-P 3116fps
40 gr. Hornady V-Max 12.9 WW296 Fed 100 R-P 3183fps

Lil'gun loads had poorly by comparison.

I think you need to upload your pictures o a service like Photobucket, then link the Photobucket picture URL to your post.

John
Old 03-27-2017, 10:48 PM

One of My martinis is chambered in 22 K hornet and I shoot 10.3 grains of little gun behind 40 grain VMAX.. and I also would love to know how to post pictures here.. I can do it on most web sites but not here.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:22 PM

Default 22 k hornet cadet

Hi mate I to have a cadet action rifle in 22k hornet that shoots very well
And I have tried both adi 2205 and 2207 with 35gr and 40gr vmax bullets and both powders are very good in the 22k hornet 2207 shot best for me with the 40gr vmax
I'm away working ATM so do not have my load darter on hand but i well post it wen I get back !
I also know a good smith that can get the trigger light and safe on a martini which is harder to do than most rifles pm me if you need his services
And yes I'm in Australia ( nsw)
Old 03-29-2017, 07:32 AM
Supporting Member

To post photos on this site you need to upload the photos to photobucket or one of the other photo hosting sites and then post the img link in the thread.

I remember seeing this explained better than I have above on this site but can't seem to find that at the moment.

If you can't get that to work email me the photos and I'll post them in the thread for you......my email is ian.owen at vodafone dot co dot nz just replace the dot and at with the correctbits for email.

Cheers
Kiwi
Old 03-30-2017, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG17 View Post
I also know a good smith that can get the trigger light and safe on a martini which is harder to do than most rifles pm me if you need his services
And yes I'm in Australia ( nsw)
G'day BG17, I might PM you for your smith's details too; I have a mate with. Martini Cadet .222 rimmed that could do with some trigger lightening.

Marcus
Old 03-30-2017, 04:42 PM
Supporting Member

Default Martini K Hornet

Here's a pic of my Martini 22K Hornet with a 3x9. I'm shooting a 40gr Berger with IMR 4227, 12.3grs.

As for pic posting as mentioned you will need a pic hosting site, there are several free ones to choose from. For me the easiest to use was Hunt101's site. It's basically a straight copy and paste affair. I've attached my pic's link with the image bracket missing on the end so it will show what the link looks like. If I add the image bracket the pic will show, If the link is not framed with those brackets it doesn't work. I don't bother with any of the various shooting sites procedures for downloading pics. I go to Hunt101, find my pic, copy, toggle over to Saubier, and paste. Once you do it a couple times it gets pretty easy and quick. Going through the different sites methods of downloading and posting pics use to give me a headache and were never successful. If you can copy and paste it's a cinch.

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/05282012_006.JPG

Old 03-30-2017, 06:41 PM
Supporting Member

Jay's Cadet

Old 03-30-2017, 09:51 PM

Default .22 Cadet K Hornet

Thanks Kiwi -
Hope to get some reloads up and running soon, and get it out in the field....
Jay