Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-12-2018, 08:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter
Default the equation

just a friendly warning for those that have not run into this yet. Basspro, best buy, j c penny's, Lowes and a few other company's have started using a third party company to decide whether you can return an item you bought.
I bought a garmin 7sv fish finder from basspro , paid cash, the next day I was back at bass pro and ask them to on paper return and re purchase the item so I could use a 10.00 off coupon I had forgotten the day before, they sent me trying to get me into their store .

(tre) the retail foundation declined a refund outright. needless to say they will get no more of my business.
keep in mind this has nothing to do with how you paid or whether you have a receipt for the return, it is based on whether they think you might be doing something.

keep in mind I ask the salesman outright when I bought the item what their return policy was. he said 30 days.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:29 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Sounds like they've hired the rubber stamp crew from the VA!!

Re: No matter what, DENY!!

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 02-13-2018, 11:27 AM

I'd return the damn thing and buy elsewhere if they have a 30 day policy posted.

Ignorance need not apply. unless they have visibly posted otherwise they have to honor their own policies in place.

I can't tell you how many times I walk off without purchasing an item anymore. I usually get a blank stare followed by a oh you can't do that or it doesn't exist or something along those lines even if I've done or gotten said items before. seems to be a default answer by many. some times i'll be persistant and call a manager and it's 50/50 that the manager will be like yeah it's right here or this is how you do it. then the other half the time its the same blank stare followed by nonsense.

Customer service and common sense are a depreciating asset in America.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:54 PM

Reminds me that bass pro bought Cabelas. Makes me sick. Got a Cabela Fishing catalog yesterday with Tracker boats in it. This is Russian collusion at its finest.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:29 AM

Got a call from the catalogue gm, he apologized and offered to take care of the transaction. I told him too late ,damage has already been done ,I wouldn't be back. Sometimes a business just gets to big and to gready for their own good. Bass pro doesn't,t have anything I can,t buy elsewhere at a better price.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:51 PM

In a similar fashion, my brother got a coupon from Brownell's in thee mail. Its a two hour drive out to the store. He went out there and selected about $600 with a stuff. When he checked out, he discovered the coupon expired the day before and of course they would not honor it. He told them to keep most of it. He was really torqued since he drove so far.

For me, I will not buy from them probably again. I will also let people know about the lack of customer focus. I find that most businesses do not care and eventually careless handling of customer leads to the Gander factor.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:19 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Usually when that happens to me it's when there's a line
at the checkout and the only one open. When they pull that
S--T on me I just walk out the door. Really fouls up the works
at the register when things have been run thru already.

Local grocery has had checkout clerks that refuse to put things
in the upper basket for me after I ask them to as I can't bend
over and pick things out of the bottom with this back fusion.
Much of the time the carts got a bunch of items in it and been
checked out when I just walk away. Don't take many times til
they get the message and remember me. A few times Iv'e told
'em, "either put 'em up here or I'm walking out". No proper action
in seconds I'm gone goose.

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"
Old 03-13-2018, 06:07 PM

Default update

update
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...cid=spartandhp
Old 03-13-2018, 07:33 PM
Supporting Member

The first time a business tells me "You can't return that"? That's the last time they'll see me, ever. But I sure as hell will see that EVERYBODY know what scum bags they are. It's called Paybacks. I can and will spend my $$ elsewhere. No one needs to be crapped on by a business. Sooner or later, it'll catch up to them. What did you guys call it? The Gander Mountain thing?

Last edited by Nor Cal Mikie; 03-13-2018 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:27 PM

I always use my CC. It has pretty good to outstanding perks. If I ever have a problem I just sidestep and let my CC company get after them. I did that on a set of tires once and boy oh boy, wouldn't you know it, since they didn't want to honor their warranty (Discount Tire), twenty four hours later they got shafted by the CC company to the tune of almost $1200.

I got a call from the store manager, and he asked what could he do to make it right. I told him not to worry, I already had my money back. I still had the 4 tires, one with a "non repairable flat too close to the sidewall" that they said wasn't covered under their road hazzard warranty. I told him to read the policy again. He started to back pedal quickly after he realized his position. Either admit to fraudulently offering a useless warranty for sale with his products and go to his boss, or offer to give me service. I declined his offer, went to another shop after getting a call explaining what happened from the regional sales manager. They have been very polite about things ever since.

That shop that would not honor the warranty is still ripping uninformed customers off insisting that they need another extra road hazzard policy to cover them.

Smart people don't go there. I thought I was helping the location by giving them business, but that wasn't the case. It is in a depressed neighborhood and most people who show up there are poor. I now only use the shop in the expensive side of town, you know the one where all the doctors, lawyers and accountants live.

I haven't had any more b.s. from Discount Tire, and this shop is very clean, quick, and it is right up the street. As for the old place, they probably didn't or couldn't hire people who can read well enough to comprehend the meaning of a contract at that store location.

caveat venditor beeches!

Last edited by 17tbs; 03-13-2018 at 09:30 PM.