Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Project Guns

Old 09-16-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Brothers View Post
WOW.... this thread is making me want to get my 20-250AI out, and sling some 55 Bergers at some long distance coyotes....that is my FAVORITE THING TO DO.
Yes. It's just about that time again. My Remington 700 heavy barrel 20 Extreme is shooting moa to 400 yards - that's as far as my local range goes. Rings the 4" gong set up at 400 yards all the time. Have shot at a golf ball on a string at 400 too but only getting it 4 or 5 out of 10 tries, more like 4. Convinced it's more me than the gun but it's fun to try. I want a better scope on the rifle to try again. Either way, 4" gong or golf ball hits at 400 = dead yote

Last edited by Grey_Wolf; 09-16-2018 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:50 PM

Well I did fondlethe OP`s little sako last weekend and got to see it being shot and accounting for more than its share of the intended targets.
But I was not given permission to caress that beautiful trigger.

As for my my 20/222 Thod it is still in my to do list

Maybe next year
Old 10-01-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L461 View Post
Well I did fondlethe OP`s little sako last weekend and got to see it being shot and accounting for more than its share of the intended targets.
But I was not given permission to caress that beautiful trigger.

Maybe next year
Whoops. How did that happen? I thought you had a few shots out of it. No need to ask permission! Will have to send you off with it and an ammo box of loads for a morning next year.

Marcus
Old 10-01-2018, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branxhunter View Post
Whoops. How did that happen? I thought you had a few shots out of it. No need to ask permission! Will have to send you off with it and an ammo box of loads for a morning next year.

Marcus
Yep, same here, got a fondle, but nary a shot was fired. You only brought it out in camp knowing the no shooting rule in campsite, you are a cunning bugger Marcus. Then snuck off on your own.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camel View Post
Yep, same here, got a fondle, but nary a shot was fired. You only brought it out in camp knowing the no shooting rule in campsite, you are a cunning bugger Marcus. Then snuck off on your own.
I thought you had a shot out of it?? Hmm.

I must say that despite my stated wish to be introduced to the .25 Myra, the .25 Camel and the .22-250AI I have still not yet had the pleasure either.

Sounds like the three of us have already sorted out a bucket list for next year.

Marcus
Old 10-06-2018, 10:37 PM

I didn't think you would want to sully your delicate little sakophile hands by touching, let along shooting, my common as dogs crap Brno 601 rifles.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
Interesting. I have a 20 Extreme that is similar to yours. I use 222 Rem brass trimmed and necked down to finish at 1.575". Mine is a fast twist (8) to stabilize the 55 grain Bergers, the 35's keyhole at 100 yards. 40's work good with Varget or 8208XBR.
I had a good load with a different gun that had a slower twist (10 I think) and shorter barrel that I sold to a buddy using H4198. My friend shot 75 coyotes last winter with his 20 Extreme and found the 40 gr Bergers performed the best for him.
G._W. What are you getting for velocity and how many grains of powder with those 55's ?
Old 10-21-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoming Drifter View Post
G._W. What are you getting for velocity and how many grains of powder with those 55's ?
Around 3200 using 22.1 grains of 8208XBR with the 55's