Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 12-19-2016, 02:31 PM

Default Sinclair 17 cal comparator

So I recently received a few Sinclair comparators, 17, 22, 6mm, 30. All are fine except the 17 is a bit large................
17 cal 18.5 Hammett in the comparator, albeit a bit deep..............

Anyone else had this issue? I've notified the seller, and asked that they not ship me another one until the issue is resolved with the mfg............. No big deal, just hope they get it worked out. Curious more than anything else...............

Rich

Posted on several forums..........
Old 12-19-2016, 03:40 PM

No worries, it's Sinclair. If there's a problem, it will be rectified. No fun to receive something that does not work. Sad fact is, it's going to happen from time to time.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:08 PM

Got a depth mike? sgtg out
This gage is to check ogive length?

Last edited by sgtg; 12-19-2016 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:28 PM
Supporting Member

I've got several of those in different calibers that are the same as yours.

It was going to cost more to send them back (International postage) for a refund than the refund I was going to get. So if anyone wants them and is prepared to pay postage they can have them.

I'd recommend buying the Davidson or the Hornady comparators before recommending the Sinclair one.

Sinclair don't seem to be the same now as they were before they were sold to Brownells.............Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwishooter; 12-19-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:31 PM

I ordered the same thing about 2 years ago and the 17 cal. was way off. I called and the tech service person said that they had a problem and sent me a set of Hornady comparators. You may have very well gotten my return. They Do have a problem with the 17 cal and they have Not corrected it. Don't hold your breath for quick solution from Sinclair. Rather, just request the Hornady (or something non-Sinclair) and move on. Merry Christmas. Burt
Old 12-19-2016, 05:56 PM

Interesting responses. Sinclair has always impressed me with their efforts in regards to requests I have made. Even unusual pre-purchase questions that required them to pull stock and take measurements to determine if something was going to work for me.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburrell View Post
I ordered the same thing about 2 years ago and the 17 cal. was way off. I called and the tech service person said that they had a problem and sent me a set of Hornady comparators. You may have very well gotten my return. They Do have a problem with the 17 cal and they have Not corrected it. Don't hold your breath for quick solution from Sinclair. Rather, just request the Hornady (or something non-Sinclair) and move on. Merry Christmas. Burt
Exactly what I did. Wonder who makes these for them. It can't be a shooter.......