Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 10-21-2019, 02:12 PM
Tech Support

Default Outage - sorry :(

Sorry for the unplanned outage on the site ... I'd been offline hunting and hadn't been looking for a couple days. Charlie sent me a txt to let me know the site was down (thanks Charlie). I know some of you were probably annoyed to see it wasn't working, so I apologize for any frustration or confusion.

-Ken Saubier
Old 10-21-2019, 02:30 PM

Well at least we now know the reason. Hope you had a good hunting trip and Thank you for getting back on line. You know you and your site are missed, very much. Thank you Ken. Bill K
Old 10-21-2019, 03:15 PM

Yeah site was down and nothing to do. So I did some honey do's. Wife was concerned and asked me if I was sick, so I said "yes". Since she was being sarcastic of course, but was taken aback by my response and asked sympathetically, "what's wrong" I told her Small Caliber Forum was down.

She didn't find that as funny as I did.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:04 PM
Supporting Member

I was out of pocket for most of the weekend....

Was it totally down and un-viewable, or not responding, or what? Just curious.... I was on last night but just looking at PM's, and it seemed to be fine for that.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 10-21-2019, 04:25 PM

Don't know exactly how you would say or use the term, but the site would not come up for me, in any manner. Kept getting like a page showing various saubier sites, none of which would open to the saubier.com site. Then this morning with Ken's response and information, all was back to normal, site up, logged in and all, as if nothing had occurred. Glad of that. Bill K
Old 10-21-2019, 04:32 PM

Same here. The page popped up with a Bing search for saubier.com.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:02 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
Same here. The page popped up with a Bing search for saubier.com.
That answers a question that I hadn't thought anything more about since last night. When I first tried to go to Saubier last night from my Bookmarks I got the Bing page. It made me wonder what I had done to get there....

When I clicked on my Bookmark for Saubier the second time, the normal page popped up, I signed in, and I went to my PM's. I looked at a couple of PM's and signed off and never thought any more about it until seeing your post just now... Hmmmmm.....?

-BCB

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

Old 10-21-2019, 05:52 PM

Windows 10 does that for you automatically, at least mine does. Don't care for Bing at all, and usually use Google for a search engine.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:57 PM
Supporting Member

Ken You have provided an internet "clubhouse" for me for about 20 years now, a short outage is nada compared to all the time spent here as well as the friendships made, Thank You!
The real concern is what you were hunting and how did ya do ?
Thanks again Ken.
Doug
Old 10-21-2019, 08:29 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
Windows 10 does that for you automatically, at least mine does. Don't care for Bing at all, and usually use Google for a search engine.
Mine doesn't normally do it. I use Firefox for a browser and DuckDuckGo for a search engine. Usually hitting my Bookmark for here takes me right to the sign on page. I did notice the reference to Bing yesterday but I had no idea how I got there at the time as I never use it as a search engine.

For me that was the only blip I saw getting here last night so I was interested in what might have happened.

-BCB