Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-28-2019, 02:16 PM

Default Stocks

Ive had both. Didn’t think the HS was worth the large extra $$.
Old 02-28-2019, 02:25 PM
Supporting Member

Default Hs

Be careful on the early HS, the LOP was only 12.5".
Old 03-01-2019, 11:17 AM
Supporting Member

Default B&C

I Received my Bell&Carlson Stock last night. I didn't find any blemishes in the finish, the fit on the pad was good. The action fit into the stock well and seemed to be flat without any rocking. the inlet for the trigger guard is close without being a snug fit. The stock resembles all of the others I that I have handled and personally I don't think the extra dollars for the HS are worth it.
Drew
Old 03-01-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno View Post
I'm still having no luck finding a replacement for my 527 American, do both these stocks come in the sporter weight barrel profile?

If so and anyone has a second hand one for sale please shoot me a message

Johno
Boyd's makes stocks for the CZ 527 American for $150 and up.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:30 PM
Supporting Member

When CZ had first come out with that stock HS is who they had contracted with. I purchased several of them. They look like this one converted to .20 VarTarg.

All of the CZ factory offering's where grey. After what seemed to be a short time CZ reconteracted the exact same stock, same specs and all with B&C to save money no doubt. I like the feel, weight and fit of that first stock and personally I can't feel any difference or see a performance difference between the two (if I just shot one then change and shot the other maybe I'd notice more), both shoot better then I do if everything is done right. Light enough to carry, really sits a bag well with that almost completely flat fore-end, I like these stocks a lot.
After a couple years with BC CZ dropped the design and completely changed the configuration of their target stock. Personally I didn't care for the space age design of the new one and I've never even shot one.
After CZ quit both the H.S. B.&.C. contracts for that design both companies continued making them to this day in various color schemes.
Because I do really like that stock I have a few of both. First the H.S. This one is another .20 VarTarg done by Greg Tannel.

This Stock is the the one of the two that would cost the most after market and I seem to feel a slightly better feel then all the rest but it's such a minor difference I couldn't tell ya why I like it's feel best.

The last one a these stocks I got was when "Swift.220" pointed out that there was a 47 rifle "over-run" in the varmint design in .222 that CZ cut loose to a number of USA dealers. It was a one-off design that was never made for US delivery and has Mexico stamped on the side , it had a 26 inch barrel on it . I bought a B.&.C. stock for it in black and ribbed in red, it is one of those stocks that really does look a lot better in person then in a photo. Here's a picture of it before I had the barrel cut down to 24 I think. This picture seems to show the palm-swell in a more pronounced way. I have big hands and I like palm-swells. I also really like the flat fore-end. Great stock design in my opinion, good enough I guess that both companies kept it in their inventories.

Way to much outta me, sorry. Hope you are doing well. -18 last night and the snow along both sides of the length of our driveway is plowed up higher then the tops of our cars, no stuff. "SO READY FOR SUMMER".

Last edited by montdoug; 03-03-2019 at 05:09 PM. Reason: sp
Old 03-03-2019, 04:45 PM

Sweet. Bill K
Old 03-03-2019, 04:49 PM

Do you think that the palm swell precludes reasonable comfortable use by a left handed shooter? I would like a synthetic stock like that on a 527, but since they do not make that stock in LH, that would limit me to getting a RH rifle and stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Polaris View Post
I have a CZ Kevlar Varmint (+10 years old), which came from factory with the HS Precision stock. Also, I purchased a B&C stock for a different CZ build. Both stocks are almost identical in appearance and dimensions. Between these two stocks the finish on the B&C is better. That said a new HS Precision stock may differ from my older version.

Both of my rifles are outfitted with varmint weight barrels. I don't notice any major difference in rigidity... there is only so heavy of a barrel that you can put on the mini mauser action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by montdoug View Post
When CZ had first come out with that stock HS is who they had contracted with. I purchased several of them. They look like this one converted to .20 VarTarg.

All of the CZ factory offering's where grey. After what seemed to be a short time CZ recontacted the exact same stock, same specs and all with B&C to save money no doubt. I like the feel, weight and fit of that first stock and personally I can't feel any difference or see a performance difference between the two (if I just shot one then change and shot the other maybe I'd notice more), both shoot better then I do if everything is done right. Light enough to carry, really sits a bag well with that almost completely flat fore-end, I like these stocks a lot.
After a couple years with BC CZ dropped the design and completely changed the configuration of their target stock. Personally I didn't care for the space age design of the new one and I've never even shot one.
After CZ quitting both the H.S. B.&.C. contracts for that design both companies continued making then to this day in various color schemes.
Because I do really like that stock I have a few of both. First the H.S. This one is another .20 VarTarg done by Greg Tannel.

This the Stock is the the one of the two that would cost the most after market and I seem to feel a slightly better feel then all the rest but it's such a minor difference I couldn't tell ya why I like it's feel best.

The last one a these stocks I got was when "Swift.220" pointed out that there was a 47 rifle "over-run" in the varmint design in .222 that CZ cut loose to a number of USA dealers. It was a one-off design that was never made for US delivery and has Mexico stamped on the side , it had a 26 inch barrel on it . I bought a B.&.C. stock for it in black and ribbed in red, it is one of those stocks that really does look a lot better in person then in a photo. Here's a picture of it before I had the barrel cut down to 24 I think. This picture seems to show the palm-swell in a more pronounced way. I have big hands and I like palm-swells. I also really like the flat fore-end. Great stock design in my opinion, good enough I guess that both companies kept it in their inventories.

Way to much outta me, sorry. Hope you are doing well. -18 last night and the snow along both sides of the length of our driveway is plowed up higher then the tops of our cars, no stuff. "SO READY FOR SUMMER".

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:15 PM
Supporting Member

Not being left handed I really don't know all the things that are problematic but just as a "WAG" I'd think anything that normally causes ya a problem would be made worse with a right side palm-swell. Just guessing.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:56 PM
Supporting Member

Default Fine for left hand.

[quote=Danny;279580]Do you think that the palm swell precludes reasonable comfortable use by a left handed shooter?

I shoot them left handed, the stock is configured for right but there is swell on the left side, just less. They shoot just fine left handed.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:36 AM
Supporting Member

Good info Drew, thanks! So much for a WAG .