Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-24-2021, 03:19 AM

Agree Neil. Anyone that has been around and reloading for a number of years has seen the ups and downs and if they have not put in some supply/extra for the lean times, then shame on them.
Glad I saw and seen those times, and now again, so am supplied and can keep on trucking, so too speak.
Old 01-24-2021, 05:20 AM
Supporting Member

Not complaining, just surprised, the good and bad of capitalism.

Have been noticing fewer and fewer people at the range each week. All of the RSOs have mentioned a strong steady decline in numbers as well.

Funny to listen to others fish around for supplies at the range, asking how are you doing on whatever (primers, powder, bullets, ammo, etc)? Would you like to sell some? When the run on toilet paper hit, that should of been their first clue.

The parable of the ten virgins comes to mind.
Old 01-24-2021, 05:47 AM

Send a message via MSN to georgeld

Ain't that one hell of a deal?

Wonder what they'd price Sm R's for.

Would like to know just how proud I should be
with 19,000 on the shelf. Three cases still sealed.

Let's see what powder will be priced at before long too.

Do you guys feel I should gloat about it? Ten jugs at least

Ok guys I just looked at PVI's offerings. very few black powder but,
they do have limited qty's of several. No other powder and

NO PRimers at all!

"Gun Control is NOT about guns,
it's about CONTROL!!"

Last edited by georgeld; 01-24-2021 at 05:57 AM.
Old 01-24-2021, 01:38 PM

Wonder if he is a certified HazMat shipper? I didn't see anything about face to face pickup only. Profits from this sale may not look so good from behind bars! Of course if you can afford the price I guess you can afford to drive to pick them up.

Will be interesting to watch this one.

We have a local gun shop that has been able to get large quantities of ammo on a regular basis. The last go around had people waiting in line for 2+ hours to purchase 223 Rem ammo. The previous shipment had someone arrive in a HELICOPTER from out of state to make a purchase. Landed in the parking lot, loaded up and took off.

Unbelievable!

Gary

NRA Endowment Life Member
Old 01-24-2021, 02:24 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Heard a good one yesterday BCB.. Nickname for Uncle Joe is "Joe Bama" which sounds a lot like "Yo Mama" as he is a puppet for lib's. And they said Harris is known as " Kamaho" wonder how they came up with that on her ?

Or do you think that possibly Joe Bama might be an obvious reference to his still existing ties to the Obama clan? Just asking for a friend?

If one looks at the world's economic systems, they all have their own individual pluses and minuses. High prices at times is jut one characteristic of Capitalism. Its only bad to those who hate high prices (likely all of us), but its part of the capitalistic system that we still (maybe?) live under. A plus of capitalism is that competition tends to keep prices low in most situations.

Hence, at times of low supply, high prices result to balance low supply and demand result. It when gouging is in open season....... For anyone who has seen this same scenario since the Bill Clinton days, I'm surprised that so many folks still get caught with their pants down... Just slow learners, I guess.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 01-24-2021, 02:34 PM

Probably a lot of it is in regard to his still being a Barack puppet. I think I will let it go at that and also not comment further on this, tip of the iceberg political comment, as the boss wants us too not go into this much on the site.
We all have our feelings and thoughts re: what will occur in the next 4 years. maybe some good, a lot not so.
Let's enjoy our shooting sports, while we can.
Old 01-24-2021, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeld View Post
Ain't that one hell of a deal?

Wonder what they'd price Sm R's for.

Would like to know just how proud I should be
with 19,000 on the shelf. Three cases still sealed.

Let's see what powder will be priced at before long too.

Do you guys feel I should gloat about it? Ten jugs at least

Ok guys I just looked at PVI's offerings. very few black powder but,
they do have limited qty's of several. No other powder and

NO PRimers at all!

There have been 8lb jugs of powder sell for close to $1000.
Old 01-24-2021, 02:44 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Probably a lot of it is in regard to his still being a Barack puppet. I think I will let it go at that and also not comment further on this, tip of the iceberg political comment, as the boss wants us too not go into this much on the site.
We all have our feelings and thoughts re: what will occur in the next 4 years. maybe some good, a lot not so.
Let's enjoy our shooting sports, while we can.

Does this mean that you might quit complaining about living in Cali whenever its possible for you to do so here, but yet you still persist on living there anyway?

Asking for the same friend....

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 01-24-2021, 02:51 PM

Gentleman (use the term LOOSELY) on another forum has the following listed

FS 40,000 CCI #41 Primers

Sale Price: $20,000 OBO

Heck at that price I may buy me a new Car LOL

This too shall pass but it is going to be a bumpy ride

Safe shooting ALL
Doug
Old 01-24-2021, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou City Boy View Post
Does this mean that you might quit complaining about living in Cali whenever its possible for you to do so here, but yet you still persist on living there anyway?

Asking for the same friend....

-BCB
Yes, I will stay were I am in this commie state. At 82, with a wife of 80 and home ridden with Parkinson's, I am still better off here that moving. This portion of the state I am in, is not and has not been effected near as much as the central/coastal areas by the commies in government offices in the state, SO FAR, and I am able to hunt/fish the areas I like, when I like.
NOW, say that, if I were 50-60 yrs again, I would be out of here in a flash and off to a state that is near as bad.
My old cabin on the mountain, out of the main valley/town 8 miles and 1200 ft lower in elevation is a pretty good spot to be.
Hopefully this decease that the government has will not spread into other states as it has in Ca. But sad to say, I do see it creeping into some of the other states, so we will see.