Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2021, 03:00 PM

Family considerations have many of us living in places that we would not otherwise choose. That is the only thing that keeps me il Illinois!

Gary

NRA Endowment Life Member
Old 01-24-2021, 03:10 PM

As we all know the second is not about shooting sports. It's about tyranny. I challenge everyone here to look up the name Gregory Stanton and his 1996 paper on the 8 stages of genocide, and listen really, really close to what several in Congress and a couple of Senators, along with to many to count in the news media, and most of hollyweird have been saying about re-education camps for anyone who supported a certain candidate for President. It's really easy to blow off as crazy speech, which it is, but the EXACT same thing has been happening all over the world for centuries. History has been very poorly taught for decades, and probably 70-80% of the people in in this country don't believe it could ever happen here. We are watching it happen right in front of our eyes, folks.
Old 01-24-2021, 03:18 PM

History does have a way of repeating. Sad that so many can not see it, right here and who is behind it. But they voted for it, hope they enjoy it, when it starts hitting them in the pocket and home.
Old 01-24-2021, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorepower View Post
As we all know the second is not about shooting sports. It's about tyranny. I challenge everyone here to look up the name Gregory Stanton and his 1996 paper on the 8 stages of genocide, and listen really, really close to what several in Congress and a couple of Senators, along with to many to count in the news media, and most of hollyweird have been saying about re-education camps for anyone who supported a certain candidate for President. It's really easy to blow off as crazy speech, which it is, but the EXACT same thing has been happening all over the world for centuries. History has been very poorly taught for decades, and probably 70-80% of the people in in this country don't believe it could ever happen here. We are watching it happen right in front of our eyes, folks.
Sadly only us old guys see and understand, The reeducation is not really necessary any longer they are just going to wait us out, The medias and schools have already taken care of the young and gullible, My neighbor thinks our governor is so cute and hangs on every word it spews about the VIRUS, I still cant figure out what the heck he says or even means with his drivel, Tomorrow SHEEPLE will be the norm.
Old 01-25-2021, 05:14 PM

The re-education camps they are talking about are NOT schools. Germany already have cams for WooHan positive and are talking about passports showing that your vaccinated or you won't be able to travel. They don't want any of us to exist.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:51 PM
Supporting Member

Back to the OP.

Remington is still in bankruptcy and their plants are shutdown, my understanding. That has a lot to do with the shortage of primers and ammo. Not all of it, but it's a factor.

Here's a story. Friend says he was in a big box store (Sportsman's ?) and a guy says he needs a gun. Walks around and decides he should buy one that has some ammo available. Comes up to the salesman and asks 'Do you have a gun that uses this?'.

38-55.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:57 PM

CCI bought Remington ammo and primers out of bankruptcy. They are spooling up the plant and doing training, etc. already. Not to mention COVID.
Old 01-27-2021, 05:16 PM

I was watching (for amusement) an auction on GunBroker that ended this A.M. The auction was for a case of 5000 Winchester small pistol primers. It went for $1775, lol. Another interesting thing is the amount of "vintage" primers and smokeless powder for sale on GunBroker. There are all kinds of '70's, '80's, and '90's packaging in primers and powder. Since my Pop was a handloader, I see all the familiar old packaging from my youth.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:33 PM

The last case of WSP I bought was $125, and that was maybe 15 or 20 years ago.
Old 01-29-2021, 04:28 AM
Supporting Member

In reading Admiral's above post the thought came to mind, that perhaps the only justifiable reason for the obscene asking prices, along with those who actually pay what they do, is that it is not any more expensive that factory fodder. How many new or other reloaders are out there, that for them it is a means to and end to simply obtain ammo.

i.e. If someone wants to by 2k rounds of 9mm, factory stuff is running $35/box of 50rnds, or $70/100rds, that's 70 cents a pop (Midway prices). Ok, $1800 for 5k primers is $360/k or $36/100. Let's go with $30/100 for slugs, and powder at $35/lbs and a 6gr charge leaves 1166rnds/lbs or .03/rnd or $3/100 rds. Total for 100rds is $69.00. 2k rnds would set him back $1380.00 or $1400 for factory stuff. I can see why when there is no other option.

However, I think mo$t, if not all of u$ cringe at what we are $eeing, it just ain't right and makes the heart sink. Loading for the joy of tailoring a load to a rifle, shooting something different, and/or the benefit of doing so at cost less than factory ammo, allowing more bang for the buck is what it is all about.

I hope and pray we survive all of nonsense that has brought our country to this point.

God speed to all of you.

Michael