Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-12-2019, 06:49 PM

Default JARD TRIGGER install RUGER NO 1

I wasn't happy with my 5lbs (creepy) trigger on my Ruger 1V chambered in the "rare for Ruger" 22 PPC.
Planning on using the rifle (almost exclusively) for Rock Chucks in the coming months, I figured I better do something about the awful, factory trigger.

The rifle was worthy (accuracy wise) of a trigger upgrade, so I took the plunge.
I ordered the JARD 1.75lbs trigger from EABCO.com
It arrived 3 days after my order, great service!!

I installed it yesterday by following the included instructions. It came out breaking consistent, clean, and crisp at 1.5lbs.

Anyway, if your looking for a worthy, quality, and relatively inexpensive trigger upgrade for a Ruger no1, consider the JARD.

If I had any more #1's they would all be getting this trigger.

A few pics looking at the original trigger "innards".

Old 01-12-2019, 09:29 PM

Nice job. I hope it shoots well.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:27 AM

Hey Screaming,

How difficult was the install? Are the distructions clear and correct? How difficult was the tear down on the #1?

I have a few #1s that could benefit from a good trigger so I am very interested in your experience.

Thanks,
Marcos (elalto)
Old 01-13-2019, 02:09 AM

Very interested in this. I don't have a Ruger but see that Jard has a set trigger for the Remington 700 that has me dreaming and drooling. My questions would be the same as elalto - how was the install, were the instructions clear....?
Old 01-13-2019, 02:58 AM

Default Jard Trigger install on Ruger #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
Very interested in this. I don't have a Ruger but see that Jard has a set trigger for the Remington 700 that has me dreaming and drooling. My questions would be the same as elalto - how was the install, were the instructions clear....?
Do you know how the set trigger by Jard for the Rem 700 would compare to the new Trigger Tech one's for the 700's ? Bill K
Old 01-13-2019, 03:34 AM

Install was pretty straightforward. Never having done one before.......I took my time. No problems other than recommend pre adjusting the sear engagement screw prior to install. This link helped
http://www.jardinc.com/ruger-no1-tri...documentation/
Old 01-13-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Do you know how the set trigger by Jard for the Rem 700 would compare to the new Trigger Tech one's for the 700's ? Bill K
No I don't but would be interested in any feedback from guys that have tried both. The thing that intrigues me about the Jard is the set feature. I have a CZ with a set and love it. The Jard comes as a set with a straight pull weight of 2 lbs. which is pretty light but still has the advantage of ounces when set. I think they are both about the same cost when at my door (thanks to our govt's policies keeping our dollar soo low compared to the U.S.). I think I might like having the option of not having a hair trigger. It really sucks paying 30% more for things on top of shipping, then customs....
Old 01-13-2019, 01:38 PM

Installed one of these in my #1v 22-250 a couple of weeks ago. It also breaks very smooth @ 1.5# Easy install. Not alot of options out there for these rifles without going high dollar. I like that these get rid of the linkage in the factory trigger. Every link adds a little play unless everything is perfect.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:39 PM

I assume this trigger would also work in a Ruger #3(?)

It seem like the only difference between the #1 & #3 is the drop-lever. I notice the Jard does not mention the #3. Any thoughts?
Old 01-13-2019, 04:51 PM

The No.1 Jard trigger has been around a long time.

I have looked at them off and on, kinda liked their simplicity; ie getting rid of links; but never got one($). I suspect they do a fair job at overall trigger feel, takeup etc; but the trigger letoff is still a function of the hammer/sear interface.

The old K trigger(Austrian) and American Canjar single set are still around, but getting fewer and harder to find. Of course, the standard oem two screw can be altered to mimic the old oem three screw.

Guess I am still on the fence, not sure what I would be buying since the hammer/sear interface is still the key to let off characteristic; but just one opinion in the many.