Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Load Data

Old 11-29-2018, 05:41 PM

I also uniform the primer pockets. I think mine is Possum Hollow, or something like that. The cutters are adjustable for depth. If I had to do it again, I'd get a set with fixed cutters because trying to get the adjustment right is very frustrating.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:08 PM
Supporting Member

As a BR competitor, I have used a number of different hand priming tools over the years to prime many 1000's of cases and in my experience it is hard to beat the K&M for quality & price. However, I currently use a 21st Century but it is heavy and probably overkill for you. If you want a quality tray type hand-held primer tool, look at what 21st Century is currently offering. I don't have any experience with the latest fold over type tray unit, but have earlier units with the round and square trays. All the trays are standard Lee products adapted to John's mechanism, which is very good. If you aren't willing to spend that much then there isn't a whole lot out there besides what has already been mentioned by others. I also share the belief that uniforming helps make the priming operation more consistent, especially with some of the more mass produced brass.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:57 AM
Supporting Member

Hey Hog Patrol, I know Arthur real well I keep watching Ebay for a second hand one of those RCBS tools in the link but have no luck, aussie dollar is in the toilet and its just to expensive to buy new

Johno
Old 12-02-2018, 02:57 AM

I still use the older round tray Lee. Have one setup for small primers and one for large. They have served me well for a long time. I use a Sinclair pocket uniforming tool as well.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:34 PM

Default Sinclair

Popped for a Sinclair years ago and never looked back, it is great for seating by "feel". A quality tool that will have someone in the future looking at it and wondering what the heck it is/does and why dad had it long after I'm gone.