Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-13-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick w. View Post
The No.1 Jard trigger has been around a long time.

I have looked at them off and on, kinda liked their simplicity; ie getting rid of links; but never got one($). I suspect they do a fair job at overall trigger feel, takeup etc; but the trigger letoff is still a function of the hammer/sear interface.

The old K trigger(Austrian) and American Canjar single set are still around, but getting fewer and harder to find. Of course, the standard oem two screw can be altered to mimic the old oem three screw.

Guess I am still on the fence, not sure what I would be buying since the hammer/sear interface is still the key to let off characteristic; but just one opinion in the many.

I've owned a lot of rifles with very, very nice triggers. This JARD gives nothing up to any of them. Set the sear engagement as per instructions and ZERO tweaking was necessary to get a crisp break. My factory trigger was 5lbs with a pronounced "Tick".......creep on every pull. This JARD, has ZERO CREEP, ZERO notable overtravel (it's adjustable), and pulled exactly 1.5lbs 10 test pulls in a row. They could charge double the $120 and I'd be more than satisfied. In the case of this JARD for the Ruger #1, I think you can spend more, but you can't buy better.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:29 PM

I suspect that the Jard is a good trigger for the No.1; good reviews, talk; but I have never owned one myself.

CAPS give the impression of shouting; even with my hearing.

Number of firearms owned means nothing to me; but I do like basic comprehension skills. Trigger skills are hard earned.

The key is still the sear/hammer interface, the rest is just gravy sorta speak. If you had a newer factory No.1 with a 5 lb and a giddyup, you perhaps were kinda lucky; seen worse; seen better; all in the draw and surface finishes.

No more from me, tis time to go and move on seems like..........
Old 01-13-2019, 05:43 PM

Default Just picked up a 1V in 25-06....

Will be buying one of these triggers.Looking forward to really launching some rockchucks with it.I bet that 22ppc will shoot incredible SW,I hope you post lots more pics of this rig and her victims
Matt