Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-17-2019, 04:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to foxhunter
Default mcmillan stocks

just talked to josh at McMillan and I have to walk away shaking my head. they advertise the edge hunter painted, studs installed, recoil pad and full inlet for 472.00. don't even think of getting one for that price. the description is clear above their options and pricing. but when you talk to them they say that price is for the fiberglass stock and you have to add the graphite(70.00), studs(16.00) and recoil pad (73.00. that brings the price to 632.00 plus 30.00 for shipping.
here is the description they have up and I now see they have pulled the pricing options down. I guess my argument for deceptive advertising worked.

"This ultralight hunting stock uses the technology developed for the very popular EDGE benchrest stock series. The EDGE technology utilizes 100% graphite construction and a molded-in barrel channel for stiffness, strength and ultralight weight. It is a slim classic style and may be inletted for any right or left hand Remington 700 or Model 7 action in BDL or blind magazine configuration. The Hunters EDGE can also be inletted for all older Savage centerfire actions, including long, short, left and right hand. The slender forend will accept up to a factory magnum barrel contour or custom barrel similar to a #3 Douglas or smaller. This all-graphite stock comes standard with aluminum pillars, a 1/2” Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad and two sling studs in any of our painted colors. The finished stock will weigh in at 22-26 ounces, depending on the action cutout. It is not available in molded-in camo or marble finishes in order to save weight. Though an ultralight, it is still guaranteed to handle the recoil of all magnum cartridges through .300 Win Mag."

Last edited by foxhunter; 01-17-2019 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:31 PM

Default McMillianstocks

I have found that more than one company does that. They show a price and description and you think OKAY, not so bad I will get one. But then you go to order and find out the add on items are now a additional cost. Sneaky sales policy in my mind.. Bill K
Old 01-17-2019, 04:51 PM

It's not different than buying a pickup, looking at the price of a F150 XL when you want a Platinum.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:27 PM

looks to me like advertising a f150-xl with all the platinum options on it and then telling you no it's just the f150 xl and if you want the platinum options it's going to cost you more.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:41 PM

All of their stocks on the page are fiberglass prices unless you go to the Ultralight section.

Even then, you’re better off printing an order form and figuring it all out yourself. The Edge stocks are worth the money, IMO. Have three of them myself. If your just shooting off a bench or PD hunting, no need for Edge fill. I carry my Hunters Edge 7-08 for miles in hilly/mountainous terrain. 6#12 oz., scoped, is worth it. So’s my Rem Classic Edge 17 Rem when snowshoeing for K9’s all over hell. My 223 goes far and wide with a Rem Classic Edge too. Worth it!
Old 01-17-2019, 11:22 PM

Default Mcmillans

Not sure how many I have, close to ten. Great stocks, but they are expensive aD the wait for one ordered is a pita.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:35 AM

I guess they realized what I was telling them was true, they have now changed the prices below the stock for a fully inletted stock to 548.00. I know that I couldn't have got away with what they had on their website when I was doing advertising.