Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Bullet Making

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Thanks for the Heads up on Crown.....

I just got off the phone with Patty, and saved .40 cents a pound. Goodbye SeaFab.

Thanks guys, Clint.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Clint

Glad to hear that we helped you save so much money. Crown has been good to us as well but they are not the cheapest. Allie Euber told me about his supplier (NY area) and his pricing was even better than Crown. I'm happy with the price and product from Crown, they seem like good people as well.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Supporting Member

Whats shipping cost running from Crown.
Seafab is only 8 hrs via truck from here and the cost saved may be eaten up in shipping costs coming this far west.

Michael
Old 01-19-2007, 05:35 PM

Default shipping cost

the cost of shipping is relative to quantity ordered. I'd guess that Clint is buying large quantities, more than I get probably. If you call and talk to Patty, she can tell you how much shipping cost is. When we get over 300 lbs, the shipping cost is the same as 500 lbs (or close to it). i get it shipped bulk freight on a pallet to my workplace where i can have it forklifted onto my truck. We typically get 50 lb spools because they are easy for us to handle. The type/size of the spools differs from place to place, so your spool handling system may need to be modified if you switch vendors. Each of the 3 vendors that we've used have used different spools.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Shipping Cost

Shipping lead to North Dakota is costly, no matter what. My cost from AZ averaged about .25 cents a pound, more if fuel was high. In talking with Patty this morning, I'm thinking my shipping from Crown will be less, maybe half. They are spooling the order onto 100# spools. I think I guy would have to order a few tons to get a break on freight.

This first order with Crown is somewhat less than average, I want to try it out and see how the stuff runs before I start ordering ton at a time. From what I've read so far, it sounds like it should work just fine.

Clint.
Closed Thread