Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 12-24-2017, 03:34 PM

Default TK

Somebody on Accurate Shooter received theirs said testing soon.
Old 12-24-2017, 10:15 PM

Mine have arrived .

- DAA
Old 12-24-2017, 11:18 PM

Couple quick spot check observations...

These new ones, what I'll call the Texas Golds, measure the same length but are 1/2 grain heavier than the last batch I got from Todd. And using a Stoney Point comparator, measure an average of about .011 longer to the ogive than the original Golds. I only grabbed a random 10 of each to compare. The old Golds varied only .001 in ogive - and that was a single one out of the ten, the other nine were the same. The new Texas variety, in addition to measuring about .011 longer, varied by about .003, with four or five of the ten within .001 of each other on the short side and the other five or six varying by .002 and .003 on the long side.

What really matters to me, is how they shoot, and how they kill coyote. I might be able to get some testing on the shooting part later in the week. The coyotes, I'm not sure, might be a bit before I get out after them again.

Good looking bullets though. I'm sure hoping they shoot as well as the old ones.

- DAA
Old 12-25-2017, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAA View Post
Couple quick spot check observations...

These new ones, what I'll call the Texas Golds, measure the same length but are 1/2 grain heavier than the last batch I got from Todd. And using a Stoney Point comparator, measure an average of about .011 longer to the ogive than the original Golds. I only grabbed a random 10 of each to compare. The old Golds varied only .001 in ogive - and that was a single one out of the ten, the other nine were the same. The new Texas variety, in addition to measuring about .011 longer, varied by about .003, with four or five of the ten within .001 of each other on the short side and the other five or six varying by .002 and .003 on the long side.

What really matters to me, is how they shoot, and how they kill coyote. I might be able to get some testing on the shooting part later in the week. The coyotes, I'm not sure, might be a bit before I get out after them again.

Good looking bullets though. I'm sure hoping they shoot as well as the old ones.

- DAA
Thanks for the info Dave. Your review means a lot to me as you have extensive experience with the Old Golds and like you, I will also use them on coyotes. Please keep us updated as you get to shoot targets and coyotes with them.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:56 PM

Default 30gr x 17Cal.

To anybody who has bought these bullets... 30gr. x 17Cal.
"would you take the time to throw 10 pcs. into the mail for me"
please PM me ...
Old 01-18-2018, 03:22 PM

Default 30gr TEXAS golds

I recieved my samples yesterday from a friendly member.
How's everyones bullet order proceding - any timelines or promises being broken or exagerated ? Any customer feed-back todate?
Old 01-18-2018, 08:48 PM

http://http://www.saubier.com/forum/...ad.php?t=33538
Old 01-20-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaAl View Post
I recieved my samples yesterday from a friendly member.
How's everyones bullet order proceding - any timelines or promises being broken or exagerated ? Any customer feed-back todate?
Mine were shipped and delivered as we discussed on the phone. Talked to Montana (the new owner) on the phone for about 15 minutes on the phone. He's a hunter/shooter, polite, mannerly, and seems to be excited to try to expand into 20 Cal bullets. Nice fella when I talked with him.

As far as shooting, it's been a bit on the chilly side here so haven't done anything further in load development than shooting them with the same load that I used with the old 30gr Kindler Golds. No change in POI. No change in group size. WD
Old 01-21-2018, 12:44 PM

I have some of his 30 gr. boat tail soft points too. Have not had time to shoot them yet. But dang they are some sexy looking bullets. In the .22-250 the SGK 1365 is my favorite coyote bullet. These remind me of a sleeker, .17 caliber version of the 1365.

I have been concentrating on trying to call mountain lion lately, so have not tried any of them on coyote yet. But I expect them to kill real well.

- DAA