Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2018, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
Bah, not available in Canada or other international orders. I agree with Doug on using the bullet makers books for the very reason he cited. Also for me it depends on what I have on hand at the moment. Likely try what I have than go and buy what the book says is the most accurate - we all know how that goes. Most accurate in their equipment isn't necessarily the most accurate in mine..

I was just on their website and it appears they will ship to Canada - copied from the site

Canadian orders are subject to duty charges. Western Powders neither controls nor holds responsibility over charges assigned by UPS or Customs while crossing the border.
Any order placed for shipment to Alaska or Hawaii must be completed over the telephone by calling 406-234-0422.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:40 PM
Supporting Member

That’s a good sale price but had I’d known that I still wouldn’t change a thing. The one got with Robs autograph was worth more to me than what I paid for it
Old 01-18-2018, 11:51 PM
Supporting Member

Gary any 19 cal reloading data?

Johno
Old 01-19-2018, 12:01 AM
Supporting Member

I think mine was just shipped and haven’t received it yet. Will report back when it arrives
Old 01-19-2018, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
I was just on their website and it appears they will ship to Canada - copied from the site

Canadian orders are subject to duty charges. Western Powders neither controls nor holds responsibility over charges assigned by UPS or Customs while crossing the border.
Any order placed for shipment to Alaska or Hawaii must be completed over the telephone by calling 406-234-0422.
Yeah but, there's always a but, it says on the page for the book itself:

" With data for modern cartridges, old favorites and obscure wildcats, the Western Powders Handloading Guide picks up where the well-loved Accurate Arms books left off. Featuring new propellants, including the complete line of Ramshot, Accurate and Blackhorn 209 powders, this comprehensive guide presents the most advanced loading information available to shooters today. Free Shipping.

This item is not available for Canadian and other International Shipping addresses.

Full Color. 488 pages

ISBN: 978-0-935632-35-4"

Wouldn't mind having it but....
Old 01-19-2018, 10:38 PM

Grey Wolf,
The only problem we had internationally was that the book became prohibitively expensive with shipping and import charges. A company in Canada agreed to be a sales point so you can get the books without getting ripped off by inter-government regulations. Londero's number is 450-349-2332, but they won't have them for a couple of days. Rob
Old 01-19-2018, 11:06 PM
Supporting Member

talking about going the extra mile!

Good to see your post Rob! Looking forward to the new manual!
Old 01-20-2018, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
Grey Wolf,
The only problem we had internationally was that the book became prohibitively expensive with shipping and import charges. A company in Canada agreed to be a sales point so you can get the books without getting ripped off by inter-government regulations. Londero's number is 450-349-2332, but they won't have them for a couple of days. Rob
Thanks Rob. I've not heard of that company and that area code isn't familiar but with the name I can look it up. Thanks again

.......... ah ... I see. It's in Quebec. That's pretty much as bad as being in a different country lol. I will try to contact them

... got a hold of them and the price is reasonable as well as the shipping cost - and no border/customs surprises! Looks like I'll be able to get one after all, thanks

Last edited by Grey_Wolf; 01-23-2018 at 04:08 AM.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:56 PM
Supporting Member

My reloading manual came today.

This first edition reloading manual is 8-1/2”x11” filled with 488 pages of color glossy photographs, a getting started, reloading basics, tips and tricks and on to advanced and powder position and pressure sections and much much more (barrel slugging and finding twist rates to name a few)

The reloading data starts out with Handguns, the first two are 5.7x28 and 22 TCM. The rifle section starts out with a 17 CCM (I’m going to have to send in my pet load using Enforcer lol) and a 17 Hornet. It also covers 19 & 20 calibers and ends with shotshell data.

Dang now I have that song stuck in my head about Alice-
Quote:
twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used
An awesome reloading manual that is nicely done for someone who is brand new, just beginning to reload to an old timer who already knows a lot about reloading. I wish I would’ve had my hands on this book when I started to reload. But the old early addition reloading manual that Hornaday put out kept me out of trouble and helped advance my reloading skills (then I came to Saubier, the college of small calibers and really received an advanced education).

I think this will make an excellent gift to a new reloader as well as one who is wanting to advance his skills.

I enjoyed reading the preface talking about Doug Phair (CEO of Western Powders) it made me laugh!

Now I’m going to take Doug’s advice and also go burn some powder!