Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-19-2018, 01:29 PM

Default Same here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmatera View Post
The early models had well known problems. The recent heavy barreled models in the laminated stock with a K prefix or later have been excellent. Mine is a great shooter. Pointed it at 4 groundhogs and 2 raccoons last year. All died a quick death. One poster at RFC said it best: "It's like playing with a laser pointer in your yard". Way more power than an HMR (some even use it for coyotes, though there are better choices), way more accurate than the .22 WMR or .22 LR, and ammo is plentiful. There aren't too many 200 yard rimfires.
This was pretty much my experience. First skinny barrel Bmag was a very inconsistent shooter. I tried all the fixes I read about short of changing the barrel and tried all the available ammo with no improvement in consistency.

I really wanted this cartridge to work so I bought a K-prefix heavy barrel stainless steel model with the laminated stock. This is a totally different animal (except for the goofy bolt!). I took it on a prairie dog shoot and am very happy with hits out to 300 yards and not having to worry about my brass disappearing down prairie dog holes.

Gary

NRA Endowment Life Member