Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 06-26-2010, 04:26 AM
Supporting Member

I have never heard a bad report on the Trueflite barrels, in fact the exact opposite. I take your point on the export licence also. Ive just had such great service with Pac Nor and quality product I would not want to change just because they were'nt made here.

On the matter of exports, a US senetor recently stated he wanted a complete review of exporting to friendly nations, he stated it was ridiculas that expensive export paperwork is required for simple products. He also pointed out that this was having a big effect on US companies who have always exported. Lets take Pac Nor & Midsouth, I believe both have has very large exports down under. These have now had a big cut back due to the licence you mentioned.

Whilst i'm on my high horse here,i'd like to mention Midsouth again. I just ordered 2 neck dies and a set of scales, as always shipped promptly. When I saw the cost of shipping was $63.00 I went ouch, was going to ask Sandra for an explanation. Now I did'nt bother because they have always shipped as cheap as possible. Well I was checking my bank statement on wednesday and there was a credit of $10.00USD from midsouth. Not to many companies would do that, I asked Sandra about and she said they were able to it cheaper so refunded. I know its not a lot of money, but i'll tell you something I would not switch companies in a million years..

Johno
Old 06-26-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKW465 View Post
Any body know the names of good US made scopes?
I don't know of ANY 100% US made Scopes i.e. Optics / Tubes / Internal Mechanicals , etc. .....all made in the USA . Some are " assembled " in the US . The only two I don't know about are the very expensive March and US Optics Scopes ( where you can Order all sorts of Custom features ) .
Old 06-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Supporting Member

Thanks guys for all your replys. I hope I haven't offended any members on this site who are not from the US. The reply's have set my small mind to thinking. Appreciate all the coments, Stan
Old 06-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Supporting Member

Default Simple

It's Bush's fault!
Old 06-27-2010, 12:30 AM
Supporting Member

[quote=johno;75872]I have never heard a bad report on the Trueflite barrels, in fact the exact opposite. I take your point on the export licence also. Ive just had such great service with Pac Nor and quality product I would not want to change just because they were'nt made here.

I know what you mean Johno as I have more US barrels than anything else....last count 13 barrels for 2 rifles all US manufacture, but cost and availability could change that

On the matter of exports, a US senetor recently stated he wanted a complete review of exporting to friendly nations, he stated it was ridiculas that expensive export paperwork is required for simple products. He also pointed out that this was having a big effect on US companies who have always exported. Lets take Pac Nor & Midsouth, I believe both have has very large exports down under. These have now had a big cut back due to the licence you mentioned.

Now if this happened it would go against the arms agreement Hilary signed with the UN, who definatly want the total ban on civilian owned firearms

Whilst i'm on my high horse here,i'd like to mention Midsouth again. I just ordered 2 neck dies and a set of scales, as always shipped promptly. When I saw the cost of shipping was $63.00 I went ouch, was going to ask Sandra for an explanation. Now I did'nt bother because they have always shipped as cheap as possible. Well I was checking my bank statement on wednesday and there was a credit of $10.00USD from midsouth. Not to many companies would do that, I asked Sandra about and she said they were able to it cheaper so refunded. I know its not a lot of money, but i'll tell you something I would not switch companies in a million years..

I wouldn't expect you to change, but the US Government might make you change, I know of more than one company who used to export didn't pay the money for the new licence and in time others may do the same.
Now if Midsouth ships using USPS they should know that you can use the USPS Global Priority Flat Rate boxes and the cost on the medium box is (at present) US$43.45 and this box has a weight limit of 20lbs. Only thing is it doesn't have track and trace. Might be worth checking if they will ship this way......Cheers Kiwi.

Johno
Old 06-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xring View Post
I don't know of ANY 100% US made Scopes i.e. Optics / Tubes / Internal Mechanicals , etc. .....all made in the USA . Some are " assembled " in the US . The only two I don't know about are the very expensive March and US Optics Scopes ( where you can Order all sorts of Custom features ) .
March are made in Japan, great scopes. The only retailer of them is in the US, all March scopes are sold through them even to foreign retailers.....Kiwi
Old 06-27-2010, 12:41 AM
Supporting Member

Stran,

Youve set back international relations to the dark ages

Only way to fix it will be to take me on White Tail deer hunt if I ever make over there, yep that would improve things considerably

Johno
Old 06-27-2010, 12:42 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan from Pa. View Post
Thanks guys for all your replys. I hope I haven't offended any members on this site who are not from the US. The reply's have set my small mind to thinking. Appreciate all the coments, Stan
Stan, No offence taken, I know of US products I would buy IF they were available in this country.
The idea of buying products from your native country is a great idea, especially to keep the countries economy ticking.
Only problem with that is a lot of items are not produced in a lot of countries today because it's cheaper to manufacture them overseas....the US isn't the only country that has that problem. I know of one NZ company who wants to label there produce as "Made in New Zealand" this company is Icebreaker, while the Merino wool is grown here the clothes are made in China......Cheap labour is what has pushed companies to manufacturing in these countries, because they can't compete with the cheap foreign made imports.
Is there an answer???????I don't know and it would take years to implement if there was......Cheers Kiwi
Old 06-27-2010, 01:34 AM

From a social economical point of view its not a good thing to buy only domestic products.

The mater of fact is that a consumer is better of the "more" products he can consume. Thats the way our Kenysian way of economics work. The more goods one can buy with your paycheck the higher you utility becomes.

I personally dont belive in this, instead one should buy quality and less stuff. I see on this board and many others the drive to own more and more cheap rifles with "lesser" optics, instead of owning 2 or 3 quality pieces.

In a free market economy its a good thing for a consumer to buy the cheapest possible good. It means he has to work less to acchive the same standard of living then your parents or grandparents have today. The more you buy from China, they become more affluent and will in return buy American produced goods. Its a problem when you are on "top of the chain" because everything produced in your own country is more expensive to you then buying them from overseas.

I belive in the long haul its better to buy less stuff, but quality, and save. I belive savings produce much more jobs, then spending money on goods.

Last edited by Northman; 06-27-2010 at 01:37 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:28 PM

Default Hot link!!

Fellow shooters and concerned citizens; Here is a fantastic website you should all know about. It lists all the American made products and companies by alphabetical and product type order. I also saw a spot on the History channel a week or two ago about a clothing company in CA. that makes all kinds of clothes right in their factory. They do it all, from marketing to production and shipping. They even model the clothes with their own employees. It is a bottom up company and you should look for their label. I am not sure which stores carry them, but they have a website too.

http://www.americansworking.com/