Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 06-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Supporting Member

Default Made in the USA

Hey fellas, I was watching the thread on scopes. I hope I'm not messing with a hornet's nest here, but would the USA not be a stronger nation if everyone made a conscious effort to by USA products? I was reading the article on 6br concerning Redding expanding there plant and buying USA built machinery. Now I know it is near impossible to avoid buying imported products all the time. I don't know where I would be able to buy all my clothing if I only chose to buy American. I myself have Leica Geovids, Sako Rifles, and would hate to part with them. I noticed there's a few guys who don't care to do business with Leupold anymore, and I wish Leupold would do a better job with there PR sometimes. Sorry for my rant, but just feel if this country would work together, we wouldn't be in the shape we're in. Stan
Old 06-25-2010, 10:04 PM

You are right. I think I'll sell a couple things and buy USA.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:35 AM
Banned

I always try to make an effort to buy american even if it costs me a few more dollars. Its definately worth it to me. You make a good point and i hope more of us start thinking the same way.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:34 AM

Default Usa

Agreed
I buy USA as much as possible. (my Beretta O/U is an exception)
Even at work I source US parts over off shore if I can.
Even if it rubs a few people wrong...tough

LTEK1
Old 06-26-2010, 01:46 AM
Supporting Member

Default US scopes

Any body know the names of good US made scopes?
Old 06-26-2010, 02:20 AM
Supporting Member

Its admirable to support your countries industries Stan, and we should all try to do that. But, this from a non US citizens perspective. Lets take Leupold scopes, I have always owned leupold scopes from an early age. This meant saving long and hard to buy them, I have now turned away from them. Put simply I don't think they have remained competitive, either cost wise or quality wise with some other scopes, particularly the Japanese optics. Last year I bought a VX 1 3-9x40, duplex. I was unhappy with it from the word go,to try and adjust the focus was almost a two handed job. This is a common complaint with both the VX 1 & 11 I also found it tracked poorly. I think you can take this home country support a little to far, we have barrel makers in both Australia & N.Z. But my choice of barrel is Pac Nor, I have not tried the home grown barrel though many like them. I just wont change company based on the fact that its aussie or kiwi made

Cheers
Johno
Old 06-26-2010, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKW465 View Post
Any body know the names of good US made scopes?
Hmmmmmmm...........gimmie a minute, I know this one...........ummm, doggit man!

Seriously though, I WISHED american products as a whole were better than they are, not saying they're terrible, but when the almighty dollar is the bottom line, then quality is going to be outsourced.

Hutch (really wants to buy american )
Old 06-26-2010, 03:22 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno View Post
I think you can take this home country support a little to far, we have barrel makers in both Australia & N.Z. But my choice of barrel is Pac Nor, I have not tried the home grown barrel though many like them. I just wont change company based on the fact that its aussie or kiwi made

Cheers
Johno
Johno, the local truflite barrels are as good as the US made barrels, just wish the would make a good chrome moly barrel, and now with the US$250 plus for a permit to import a barrel quite a bit cheaper......there just aren't as many GOOD gunsmiths in NZ as there are in the US.

It seems the US government is making it harder and harder for anybody in the firearms industries to sell to anyone except US citizens.........yet the US government can trade arms with whoever they please. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Cheers
Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwishooter; 06-26-2010 at 03:26 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:29 AM

Quote:
It seems the US government is making it harder and harder for anybody in the firearms industries to sell to anyone except US citizens
Believe me! they're trying to make it impossible for us! The pansey liberal $#@*&#!* that they are!

Hutch
Old 06-26-2010, 03:30 AM
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to larryinIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwishooter View Post
Johno, the local truflite barrels are as good as the US made barrels, just wish the would make a good chrome moly barrel, and now with the US$250 plus for a permit to import a barrel quite a bit cheaper......there just aren't as many GOOD gunsmiths in NZ as there are in the US.

It seems the US government is making it harder and harder for anybody in the firearms industries to sell to anyone except US citizens.........yet the US government can trade arms with whoever they please. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Cheers
Kiwi
Not only will they trade with whoever they please, but they will blame it on whoever suits them too Just follow the $, it should explain a lot. My wife says "not everything is political" she don't know much

larry

American King James Version
Let his days be few; and let another take his office