Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 09-28-2018, 04:37 PM
Supporting Member

Default Hodgdon

I talked to Hodgdon about the powder clinging to the inside of the cases. After a little dancing around the topic he admitted that it might be the higher nitro content. Regardless I could drop a load, turn around and drop it in the hopper and the inside of the case was coated. Not particularly a problem unless your dumping a lot of rounds, aka tearing down. As for the bad lot of Lilgun I was one of the unlucky who tangled with it. A starting load for a Kimber 22 hornet basically broke the stock at the wrist and chunked the mag out in 3 pcs and required a Smith to unlock the bolt. Hodgdon made it right in a hurry so no argument there. I still have Lilgun on my shelf but don't get the accuracy everyone else has and that trump's speed with me. There are just so many options out there for the small cases that messing with a problem child isn't worth it. Maybe a function of getting old.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:51 PM
Banned

Default Ruger

Thanks for your honesty
Old 09-28-2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEM View Post
the caked powder happens with other powders too I have had that happen in rather short time with stick powders both IMR and Hodgdon I just assumed from being compressed, I had loaded up some 350 GNR trial loads to see how it would shoot and found the ceiling early so about a month later I pulled the remaining rounds and had to use a bamboo skewer to loosen it was rather solid, I have a reservation of using a paperclip down by the primer, I know it wont go bang but just the same

so I'm guessing it would be a waste of time to post a few 8 pounders of Lilgun for sale here now, I do just have extra, bought all I could during
THE SHORTAGE
I also have noticed this with other stick powder, so it is not a phenomenon isolated to Lil Gun, and maybe in reality it is not even a problem.

Danny

The 11th Commandment: Thou shallt not fold thy Pizza.

Products that I am looking for but can't seem to find no matter how hard I look:
Leopold Scopes, Forester reloading equipment and Victorianox knives.

I video recorded all of my Highpower Rifle matches. Pretty soon I am going to watch them all in reverse order so that I can watch those F Class guys GO HOME and leave us alone so that we can shoot Highpower Rifle.
Old 09-29-2018, 12:54 AM

In my CZ Fireball, I strongly favor Reloader Seven, it's been awfully good in that little rifle.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:16 PM

Reloader #7 fan here too with Nosler 40 grain BT bullets.

To the OP. My Fireball is/was a Remington LVSF. My stock flexed quite a bit and I would get inconsistent points of impact. Once I discovered random contact points on the barrel were responsible I changed out the stock with a Boyd's thumbhole laminate. The Light part of LVSF went away but the rigid stock is nice. No more inconsistencies. Wonderfully accurate gun and cartridge.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold M View Post

Based on my experience - high SDs and loose primer pockets - in the K-Hornet I no longer use Lil' Gun.

Note the dates. Things may have changed.

Harold
SOOO glad to see you put this out there Harold. I have that page you sent to me ages ago and for that reason I dumped LG and went to to other powders, very happily.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:16 PM
Banned

Default Ruger

I've always used H110 IMR4227 I had a member on here PM because he new some would raise hell with him ! He told me not to use lil gun! and I listen to him!