Saubier.com  



Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Project Guns

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-13-2018, 06:03 PM
visiter1 visiter1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 155
Default 20 nostler

Anyone got a 20 nostler yet really intrested in one!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-14-2018, 04:54 PM
Bill K Bill K is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: N.E. Commie Kalifornia
Posts: 3,557
Default 20 Nosler

Quote:
Originally Posted by visiter1 View Post
Anyone got a 20 nostler yet really intrested in one!
Unless you are just in the mood for something different, with maybe a slight more FPS, but with more work obtaining cases, thus far, why not just get a 20 Tac or 20 Practical ? They will be right at the heels of the 20 Nosler, with much easier brass access, dies and all. Just a thought. Bill K
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-15-2018, 01:55 PM
VinJosh VinJosh is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Unless you are just in the mood for something different, with maybe a slight more FPS, but with more work obtaining cases, thus far, why not just get a 20 Tac or 20 Practical ? They will be right at the heels of the 20 Nosler, with much easier brass access, dies and all. Just a thought. Bill K
Hmm, that is a great suggestion.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-16-2018, 09:30 AM
visiter1 visiter1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 155
Default

thanls lads i have a 20 pratical was looking for a project for this summer maybe to shoot a heavier bullet.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-16-2018, 01:18 PM
csterner csterner is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 1,688
Default

there's a NEW cartridge out, the 224 Valkyrie, that's quite similar to the 22 Nosler. 6.8 SPC case necked to 22 cal. Maybe a different shoulder. Who's going to be the first to neck it down to 20?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-16-2018, 02:37 PM
Bill K Bill K is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: N.E. Commie Kalifornia
Posts: 3,557
Default 20 Nosler

Quote:
Originally Posted by csterner View Post
there's a NEW cartridge out, the 224 Valkyrie, that's quite similar to the 22 Nosler. 6.8 SPC case necked to 22 cal. Maybe a different shoulder. Who's going to be the first to neck it down to 20?
That ran through my head also.. Someone will for sure. Bill K
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-16-2018, 10:11 PM
gzig5 gzig5 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mequon, WI
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csterner View Post
there's a NEW cartridge out, the 224 Valkyrie, that's quite similar to the 22 Nosler. 6.8 SPC case necked to 22 cal. Maybe a different shoulder. Who's going to be the first to neck it down to 20?

It's been done. Called the 20 PDK (Prairie Dog Killer). There is a 22 and a 6mm version. Actually, the PDK is a bit of an Improved 6.8 case, moving the shoulder forward about 50 thou and a 30 degree shoulder. I have the 6mm PDK built as an AR match rifle and it works very well. Used to be headstamped cases available for it but the guy that came up with the cartridges and sold brass folded up his tent. Reamers and dies should still be available.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.