Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 04-17-2020, 07:02 PM
Supporting Member

Lilgun is a very controversial subject.... I take all info like a grain of salt.

I didn’t have bad luck with it in my 77/22 Hornet. But have never perverted it in any of my 22 hornets... Some guys swear by it and I’m glad for them.

Lilgun not only shrunk a 3+” groups in my Ruger #1 in a 218 Bee and turned it into a 400 yard PD gun, it jacked up the 40 gr vmax to 223 velocities... I have never shot any other powder in it since then.

17 killer bee lilgun was not bad for firefirming, nothing spectacular about it. But after fireforming the same exact load was too hot and I found another powder I liked better.

In my 20 killer bee 🐝 it has never seen anything but lil gun once out in a PD town.

Yes speed is great but I have everything I need for that 22KH, 218 Bee 221FB 222 and on down and up the list....

So at the end of the day for gw, lilgun is just another powder that has its place and doesn’t have its place.

Btw I’m envious, I’m on the tail-end of my 8 lb jug...I could use some more probably by this next winter...
Old 04-22-2020, 01:28 AM
Supporting Member

I use WW cases formed to 20 Killer Bee and then 1680 under a 32 V-Max with a WSR primer.
Meters great and shoots even better, real close to the .20 VarTarg for performance.
Old 04-22-2020, 02:30 AM
Supporting Member

Amen Doug AND although I know what your saying, I would go one step farther saying it’s better than VT performance because of the lower powder charge and definitely see more red mist in the scope... might have been mine was a little heavier built than anything I own on the 221case but there was nothing else I shoot that made so much red mist in the glass!
Old 04-22-2020, 07:20 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWenzl View Post
Amen Doug AND although I know what your saying, I would go one step farther saying it’s better than VT performance because of the lower powder charge and definitely see more red mist in the scope... might have been mine was a little heavier built than anything I own on the 221case but there was nothing else I shoot that made so much red mist in the glass!
Can't argue with the drama factor GW!