Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Other Forums and Resources > Classifieds

Old 04-22-2020, 02:15 AM

Default Remington 591 5mm Craig

Up for sale is a very nice 5mm Craig centerfire rifle for sale. I got this from Roy bertalloto on here. He had cut the barrel back and recrowned and bedded the action. I sent the trigger off to a guy and it has a very nice trigger just under 2 pounds. It is a shooter. I was shooting the nosler 30 grain bullets and h110. Comes with 1 magazine. My loads I were using are a little long to fit the mag as a repeater. Some impressive groups. A very lightweight gun that shoots. Also comes with the rimfire bolt, Rcbs dies, shellholder, a shellholder for the lee autoprime, and 123 pieces of brass. 78 of the brass are new. $780 shipped to your ffl from an Individual. Dies and brass and stuff will ship directly to you. I hate to get rid of this but am wanting a 17 squirrel. I can text or email pics.
Old 04-22-2020, 01:56 PM
Supporting Member

You mention that you also have the rimfire bolt. Is this an additional bolt head such as comes with the Schroeder bolt version?

I guess I'm wondering if this is the Craig version or the Schroeder version as my understanding of the Craig version is that they modified the original bolt face with a cut.

The Schroeder version comes with an entirely different bolt head that easily replaces the intact RF version.

Thanks.......

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 04-22-2020, 02:38 PM

PM Sent

Jim
Old 04-22-2020, 03:28 PM

This comes with the complete rimfire bolt head as well. The centerfire conversion is a complete different bolt head and is currently installed. I never did install the rimfire bolt. But it is in the case with the dies.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:34 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spook1 View Post
This comes with the complete rimfire bolt head as well. The centerfire conversion is a complete different bolt head and is currently installed. I never did install the rimfire bolt. But it is in the case with the dies.

So is the CF bolt head a modified RF bolt with a cut across the bolt face and a CF type firing pin installed or is it like the Schroeder conversion that was a total new and different bolt head with a spring loaded CF firing pin?

-BCB

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

Old 04-22-2020, 05:43 PM

I’ll pull it out tonight and check
Old 04-23-2020, 07:34 PM

I looked and to be honest can’t tell which one it is as I don’t know the difference. There is a slot cut in it like the rimfire bolt head but I can’t see where there was once a hole if it was a converted rimfire bolt. I apologize. I can send you a pic of it if someone else would know.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:56 PM
Supporting Member

For reference, the Schroeder bolt head and stainless extractor is an entirely new bolt head that you can easily swap out with the RF bolt head. It has no cut across the bolt face and the firing pin is spring loaded. Looking at the face of the bolt head it looks just like any other CF bolt head.

The new CF bolt head leaves the RF bolt head intact for switching out back and forth based on the ammunition fired.

Picture added............

-BCB

Last edited by Bayou City Boy; 04-23-2020 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:50 PM

Ok mine must be the Craig conversion then. Still has another rimfire bolt as well. Thanks for the help
Old 04-24-2020, 08:06 PM

$750 shipped for the package.