Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Project Guns

Old 10-21-2013, 01:43 PM

Default Poto posting forum

In the past several years I have seen many asking how does one post/attach photographs of our items with our messages. I have asked more than once. I had it working for sometime but those instructions no longer work. I want to post multiple pictures with my text.

I have just finished finishing my Martini 14 caliber Killer Bee and want to share.

It could be our ISPs are blocking photos and I do get messages but the photos are "greyed" out and I cannot view them.

We could keep current with the technology if there was a place to post our success.

Thanks,

John
Old 10-21-2013, 05:07 PM

Default Photo posting forum

John. I have tried every which way to post some of my photo's on this a couple of other sites and they just will not go. I know it is me and my PC skills, as other post just fine. The only site I seem able to post onto is the V.H.A. forum (Varmint hunters assos). You might give that a go. Those people, as most sites do, like to see photos of our weapons/harvest. Bill K
Old 11-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Supporting Member

Default Posting photos

I don't post a lot, but have managed to do photos. There are probably other ways, but here is what I have done (and it is pretty simple).

1. Open an account on Photobucket.com (no charge - other sites may work, but this is the one I use)
2. Import your photos to the account - very simple. Just use the "browse" function and it will pull them in
3. Edit your photos (if you want) on Photobucket. You can either "replace original" or save it as a new photo. Good place to crop out all the stuff you don't want - like the adjacent target that doesn't have the bughole group you are trying to show off.
4. Now look over on the right side of the screen. You will see a box labled "Links to share this photo". Click on the one on the bottom which is labeled "IMG". This AUTOMATICALLY copies the URL address for the image into your buffer.
5. Start your post on Saubier. When you want your photo inserted, click on the little icon that looks like the picture of a mountain. When you hold your cursor on it it will say "insert image" When you click on this, a box will appear. Put your cursor in the box and RIGHT CLICK and hit PASTE. This automatically pastes the URL address that you copied in step 4. Don't panic when your picture doesn't appear. All you will see is about three lines of words and numbers. That is the address.
6. Finish your post and hit "Preview Post" Your picture appears in the preview. If you are happy, hit "Post," If not, go back and edit.

I know it looks difficult, but it is actually pretty easy - and I am computer barely-literate.