Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 01-08-2021, 08:46 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Or could it be the lube used
It very well could be Bill? NeiL sends a small container of imperial sizing wax with his dies. But I didn’t open it up because I already had a larger container of my own that I’ve been using over the last 20 years.

But now that you bring it up... after seeing how the case was wanting to stick in the die a little bit, I decided to try Hornady unique. I’m not sure if it was actually changing lube or not but the frost seem to get a little bit lighter (I didn’t really pay attention as to when that happened) when I started using unique however the case was still pop/stick a little bit coming out of the die.. (I’m not into pretty shiny looking cases like my son is lol so I wasn’t really looking too much at the Frost or a change in appearance.

Then when I went to turning the necks I opened up the plastic k&M storage container that I bought to store everything in, and there was an empty cut out for imperial sizing wax (my old container was too large to fit). So I pick up Neals and sure enough it fit right in there… So I open it up to use it on the spindle and then I noticed that it seem to be a little more clear looking and had me scratching my head wondering does this stuff get old? Does it have a shelflife? Or did they come up with a new formula? There wasn’t a huge difference in appearance but enough that caught my attention
Old 01-08-2021, 09:01 PM
Supporting Member

Just curious, Gary.... Did you clean the FL die body inside before using it the first time?

Light fluid works great to get out any grit or machining residue, etc.that might be in the die prior to trying to use it.

Also. What pictures are you referring to in you post?

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 01-08-2021, 09:23 PM

[quote=GLWenzl;294889]It very well could be Bill? NeiL sends a small container of imperial sizing wax with his dies. But I didn’t open it up because I already had a larger container of my own that I’ve been using over the last 20 years.

By the way, did you see my PM too you ? Or did it not come through ? If you want a free shell holder extended in 224 size case #10 rcbs, I have a extra I would send too you and you can try it, as Neil gave info on. If you want.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:35 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou City Boy View Post
Just curious, Gary.... Did you clean the FL die body inside before using it the first time?

Light fluid works great to get out any grit or machining residue, etc.that might be in the die prior to trying to use it.

Also. What pictures are you referring to in you post?

-BCB
Good to hear your voice Hal and nice visiting with you.

On the photos, i posted them on page 3, post #24 &#25. It was the first time I posted photos here in like 10 plus years and maybe I’m the only one who can see them? Let me know and if you cannot view them I will send them email.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:53 PM
Supporting Member

No I didn’t see the PM Bill, my box is full (on purpose lol). That is a very nice snd kind offer but I will pass. I order a universal extended SH that accepts regular SHs on the top end.

It is really nice everyone who is trying to help resolve my issues. And I appreciate it a lot!

On the extended SH. Most may not understand this but not only do I want a LnL bushing to fit correctly like all my other dies, I had in my mind that I NEED a LnL bushing to fit. I was hoping to use both of Neil's dies in my AP press for progressive case forming taking brass down in two steps with one pull of the handle. I already die this with my homemade case forming dies. I have three bodies but only do two steps at a time as the third created more pressure on my AP than I care to use (respect for the press and very bad arthritis to where I cannot be in one position very long let along over working my joints).

But I may need to learn to do without and just do it one at a time and it really isn’t a NEED but more of a want.

Like I said in the beginning here, I would have thought NeiL would have a disclaimer on his website that his dies will not work on all presses especially Hornady press.

Thanks again for your very kind offer. I’ve actually been giving stuff away to clean up the collected reloading tool clutter I have and reduce all the little things like an extended SH lol

[quote=Bill K;294891]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWenzl View Post
It very well could be Bill? NeiL sends a small container of imperial sizing wax with his dies. But I didn’t open it up because I already had a larger container of my own that I’ve been using over the last 20 years.

By the way, did you see my PM too you ? Or did it not come through ? If you want a free shell holder extended in 224 size case #10 rcbs, I have a extra I would send too you and you can try it, as Neil gave info on. If you want.
Old 01-09-2021, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWenzl View Post
On the photos, i posted them on page 3, post #24 . It was the first time I posted photos here in like 10 plus years and maybe I’m the only one who can see them?
No pics on my end. -Al
Old 01-09-2021, 02:46 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Nyhus View Post
No pics on my end. -Al

Same here..........

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 01-09-2021, 04:05 AM
Supporting Member

Well shoot! I thought I followed instructions on how to post photos here through the user CP. looks like I also failed photo posting 101. Maybe someone else will post them for me
Old 01-09-2021, 05:48 AM
Supporting Member

Default Brass

Very sorry to hear that you had to go through this. I can't understand why he wouldn't make it right. It's not about the money in a situation like this it's your name and reputation. It takes along time and many transactions to build up a good name and only one bad deed to destroy it and you will never ever repair the damage that you've done. It's sad to see people fall into that. I know exactly how you feel. I was falsely accused a few years ago on a deal and there isn't a week goes by I don't think about it. It just makes you wary on every deal wondering if the person isn't cut from the same cloth as the person who screwed you over. It's a has sad thing that sticks with you for years. Thanks for the heads up and hopefully you find peace. Thanks again and God Bless.
Old 01-09-2021, 01:17 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINGWEED View Post
Very sorry to hear that you had to go through this. I can't understand why he wouldn't make it right. It's not about the money in a situation like this it's your name and reputation. It takes along time and many transactions to build up a good name and only one bad deed to destroy it and you will never ever repair the damage that you've done. It's sad to see people fall into that. I know exactly how you feel. I was falsely accused a few years ago on a deal and there isn't a week goes by I don't think about it. It just makes you wary on every deal wondering if the person isn't cut from the same cloth as the person who screwed you over. It's a has sad thing that sticks with you for years. Thanks for the heads up and hopefully you find peace. Thanks again and God Bless.
Thank you and sorry for what you went through. I have forgiven NeiL Jones but some reason the hurt and disappointment that I feel haven’t left yet. It shows that I place too much importance on material things. I’m very confident that everything will all work out for the best.

Reminds me of and example-

Many years I purchased and traded a Cooper 22-250 for a 17 CCM from a guy on this forum. Started out he requested it be shipped right away thinking he would pay the additional charges and didn’t. Then when I opened up his package the bolt fell out of the rifle, it wouldn’t stay in. There was other issues as well snd I felt like I paid too much for the rifle even if it was pristine condition.

I was truly hurt and disappointed, in both Brooks as well as myself because at the time I had a low paying job and 6 kids to feed (i do not always use good judgement). Brooks did offer the exchange rifles and refund the money but Cooper said they’d look at the rifle and probably fix it for free and I wasn’t wanting to deal with him again,

Well this sour deal led me to Rob Behr (who at the time was working at Cooper) who has been such a great friend over the years. The rifle ended up being like my all time favorite and I had no hard feelings with Brooks. Over time it all worked out way better than what I at first could even imagine and I am grateful for Brooks.

I ended up buying one more rifle from Brook, it my 22-250. My best man in my wedding, God father to one of my sons, and lifelong friend (who has passed on) is who had the gun for many years but never shoot it much. Then one day he asked me if I wanted to buy it. Ended up I did and now his God son has it.

Last edited by GLWenzl; 01-09-2021 at 01:24 PM.