Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 04-02-2021, 02:17 PM

Been using the LCG WFT2 trimmer for awhile now and couldn't be happier with it. The WFT2 is the model with the interchangeable inserts so you only need one trimmer and you can get different inserts for anything and everything you need. If they don't make the exact insert you need for something you have they sell insert blanks so you can ream them to whatever you want. I have a couple wildcats they didn't make a insert for my gunsmith cut the blanks with the chamber reamer and now I have inserts for everything.

I really like that these types of trimmers that index off of the shoulder and use an end mill cutter. Not only are they very fast and you can trim 100 pieces of brass in just a couple minutes but they are very precise and leave a nice squared up cut. Unfortunately, like most trimmers, they do not chamfer inside or out but my RCBS brass boss makes quick work of chamfering and primer pocket prep so even with that I can still whip out a few hundred pieces of brass in a short amount of time.

I have a brand new never used Redding 2400 trimmer I'd sell if someone likes hand crank trimmers but IMO the WFT2 and those like it are much better.
Old 04-02-2021, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Lyman universal trimmer with a 17 pilot. Works great.
That's what I use, as well.