Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Discussion Board

Old 02-16-2018, 11:24 AM

Score! That's about as good as you could ask for from a take down rifle. Congratulations.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:56 PM
Supporting Member

Hey, a 10-22 isn't supposed to shoot that well without completely rebuilding it with custom parts...... Ya got lucky...

At least that what I hear on the internet from the big boys who know about those things......

Congrats on the shooter..... Nice targets with open sights and a nice looking rifle.

-BCB

I miss mean Tweets, competence, and $1.79 per gallon gasoline.

Yo no creo en santos que orinan.

Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and just get used to the idea.

Going keyboard postal over something that you read on the internet is like seeing a pile of dog crap on the sidewalk and choosing to step in it rather than stepping around it.

If You're Afraid To Offend, You Can't Be Honest - Thomas Paine
Old 02-16-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D. View Post
Score! That's about as good as you could ask for from a take down rifle. Congratulations.

Thanks Gerald!
Old 02-16-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou City Boy View Post
Hey, a 10-22 isn't supposed to shoot that well without completely rebuilding it with custom parts...... Ya got lucky...

At least that what I hear on the internet from the big boys who know about those things......

Congrats on the shooter..... Nice targets with open sights and a nice looking rifle.

-BCB

Thanks Hal,
I'm finding out the more I read on the internet, just how "lucky" I must be when it comes to firearms.

Seems to be a lot of trash about Rugers in general on the web. Especially the 77/22 models, completely opposite of my limited experience. I'm a HUGE Ruger fan.

As far as open sighted shooting............I've been doing it like many of you guys since I was 4 years old.

I had a BB gun that I shot daily with open sites from age 4 until 7 when I got my first "real rifle" (a Marlin 15Y single shot 22LR).......still have that rifle.

I was never allowed a scope until about age 11. I learned alot about shooting Irons in those 4 years of steady shooting my little Marlin 22LR any chance I got.

Many guys my age or close to it, can't hit for crap with iron sites. Shame really as it's pretty satisfying to be proficient with them.

I'm thankful for my dad teaching me with irons and not just letting me take "the easy" way out like many of my friends who had scoped rifles at the time.

Ruger really did build this gun right though. It has great fit/finish and a very smooth barrel. Took 2 hours of scrubbing to get the "root beer" outta the barrel too............I was thinking they took lessons from CZ on how to pack a rifle full of grease.

Last edited by Screaminweasil; 02-16-2018 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:26 PM

My 10/22TD is "kind of" accurate. I tighten the barrel thing tighter than Ruger suggests. If I am shooting sparrows at 50 yds. it is plenty accurate. If I am shooting paintballs at 50yds., not so much. I still have no plans of getting rid of it.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorepower View Post
My 10/22TD is "kind of" accurate. I tighten the barrel thing tighter than Ruger suggests. If I am shooting sparrows at 50 yds. it is plenty accurate. If I am shooting paintballs at 50yds., not so much. I still have no plans of getting rid of it.

Cool little rifles! Glad you like yours as well.