Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Small Caliber Load Data

Old 02-05-2018, 11:43 AM

Default Ruger number 1 in 22LR...

Looks like Talo with be offering this in 2018,the little wheels in my head are spinning ...how about a 17HMR or a 17WSM?Heck why not a 5mm too,hopefully Aquilia does a run of 5mm in 2018 like they said they would.Sorry for putting this in this forum,thought I was on the main forum,not sure if I can move it.
Matt

Last edited by 17VLD; 02-05-2018 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:07 AM

Matt,

I too saw the pdf listings for new No.1's and noted the rimfire(22lr) mentioned. The listings started a lot of talk on various forums. I really do not know if the offering will come about or not, or perhaps just a method of gaging real interest.

Years ago, I queried John K. and Aspen Gun Works back east on a no.1 rimfire conversion, both said to contact the other. So eventually I took the hint and was quiet for a change.

Finally the urge was strong enough to look into specifics of how to do one. I even made the lifting arm from scratch and failed miserably at my converison. Finally just moved the firing pin in the breechblock and all was well. I have two of my own now, a B and an A looks alike in rimfire. For those that like a full sized rimfire, these conversions will get into your blood. I have a lot of rounds thru both, and still are the favorites.

One might think that the rimfire would not be too heavy to tool up for. In todays beancounter realms, gotta show that a profit can be made, or it is a no go.

Perhaps the TALO offering or not offering showed that there was some interest in such. Shoot one and it will convince you.............just is fun.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:16 AM

Lightbulb I'm thinking......

........a No.1A in 22WMR......or No.1S.....!!!

Kevin