Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Bullet Making

Old 09-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Supporting Member

it means it doesnt exist anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwishooter View Post
Yes that is the email I am trying to send too, it just bounces back as undeliverable,
The reason for the problem:
5.1.2 - Bad destination host 'DNS Hard Error looking up jpshift.com (MX): NXDomain'

Not sure if that means the server is down or it doesn't exist anymore.........Kiwi
Old 09-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17varminter View Post
it means it doesnt exist anymore
Ian, as is same with presses, i think i explained to you in one of the many emails you have sent it was not profitable to make anymore the reason i'm in business is to make a living i'm not going to continue to make something thats a very limited market and lose on it,and i guess if you are really have your mind set that horizontal is what you really need why don't you just make or have made some angle iron brackets its what everyone else does.at this point i consider this matter closed. george
Old 09-29-2011, 08:39 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by george ulrich View Post
Ian, as is same with presses, i think i explained to you in one of the many emails you have sent it was not profitable to make anymore the reason i'm in business is to make a living i'm not going to continue to make something thats a very limited market and lose on it,and i guess if you are really have your mind set that horizontal is what you really need why don't you just make or have made some angle iron brackets its what everyone else does.at this point i consider this matter closed. george
George you must have overlooked telling me that as the last email I had from you about the press was on the 14th of April 2008, where after I confirmed an order for a press you informed me quote- ian, i don't take deposits i will put you on list, here is current schedule as follows. we will have appox. 5-8 presses going to super shoot next month then 3-4 more for east-west shoot in june after that others will be free'd up so some where about july i will contact you on shipping and payment arrangements.
I emailed you twice latter in 2008 and didn't get any reply.......this is the first I have heard that you don't make the press anymore and that they weren't profitable.

I am in business myself and know about profitability but one thing I learned early on was communication with customers is the most important thing to keeping the customer happy.

If you have any dimensional drawings for the press you were making would you be able to send a copy of them to me. I think the press was the best bullet making press I have seen and the micrometer adjustability of it was THE feature that made me want one, the horizontal bit was further down the list......Ian
Old 09-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Supporting Member

ian, somewhere around that time i switched i.p.'s. i doubt my partner is going to be forth coming with any prints. george
Old 10-04-2011, 08:15 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by george ulrich View Post
ian, somewhere around that time i switched i.p.'s. i doubt my partner is going to be forth coming with any prints. george
Is your partner making the press? If not and he doesn't plan to make them in the future I can't see any reason not to share the prints......Ian
Old 10-15-2011, 08:10 PM
Supporting Member

no he's not making any at this time, as for prints kelby doesn't make polars anymore and i don't think they would supply a set to anyone either.