Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Saubier.com Forums > Big Game

Old 07-31-2015, 03:58 PM

Gary I couldnt agree with you more. A guy at work is a vegan and dislikes me for hunting. I don't agree with his lifestyle but i don't hate him for it. He is a huge proponent of abortion. No problem killing babies but I'm the monster that hunts animals. I will never understand this logic.
I feel bad for this hunter he probably was non the wiser and the ph figured he would get an easy kill for his client. I have neighbors that have a "wildlife sanctuary" and prohibit hunting if any kind. You can bet your butt when those deer step onto our side of the line they are going to get it. Because you are special on one property doesn't mean you are free and clear on another. That lion doesn't check property boundries if he wanted to eat that hunter. Just a thought.
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" John 10:10
Old 07-31-2015, 04:58 PM
Supporting Member

Location: Cardington, Ohio, USA, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Milky Way Galaxy

The media says this lion is the most photographed in Africa yet it is very difficult to find a photo showing a tag or collar.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:13 PM

Default Cewcil the Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBear View Post
The media says this lion is the most photographed in Africa yet it is very difficult to find a photo showing a tag or collar.
My thought from what photo's I have seen and of the one's especially, now, being shown all over the news. Just wondering ??? Bill K
Old 07-31-2015, 05:46 PM

I know of no one who can name any of the victims from the recent shootings in SC, TN, or LA, but EVERYONE knows the name of that lion. Go figure.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:02 PM

Male lion life cycle: Born, attain enough age to kick out the old king, become old enough to being the one kicked out, hunt for themselves for a change taking out the really sick stuff, too old for that, start killing livestock, too old to catch up to them, start killing the real easy prey, the natives, then either get killed by a villager or hunter. This guy was 13. How many years did he have left. PETA and the rest of the anti-hunting crowd is having a field day with something that they know absolutely nothing and don't care about, namely big cat hunting methods, Zimbabwe regulations and lion conservation in Africa, all areas. What's really bad is other hunters convicting this guy without a trial and using hearsay in the process. Not really the American way, thank you.

As an add on, there is no reasoning with the anti-s since they deal only on emotion.

Last edited by Hog Patrol; 07-31-2015 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:28 AM

Old 08-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Supporting Member

I hope it's better than coyote quarters!!! 😆
Old 08-01-2015, 09:03 PM
Supporting Member

Default seems to me

that very few people could possibly know the entire truth of the story, but are inclined to think the worst of the hunter right from the start. if i had enough of that silly paper with ink all over it , i would like to go on a safari hunt just like he did, and might be steered into doing something very wrong as well. just saying , he might have known better and he might not have knowd better.but it looks like he is going to get a swift hanging followed by a fair trial.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:36 PM

I do have some sympathy for the hunter as he is likely to have been told to take the animal by the PH. Collars in the dark must be almost impossible to see among his mane especially given at his age his eyes are not likely to be as sharp as a 20 year old.

However his choice of an appropriate weapon does in my mind leave a lot to be desired. Cant deal with a charge by a wounded lion who has one thing in mind, killing you, with an arrow.

A
Old 08-03-2015, 03:24 PM

Borkon, that picture is just totally wrong. Funny as heck, though!