Saubier.com  

Go Back   Saubier.com > Other Forums and Resources > Classifieds

Old 12-26-2012, 02:49 AM
Supporting Member

Oh yea on the board here I understand I'm perty much a "young un" LOL
Parents would have been 74 and I'm 36. One of the commedians I remember the most as a small kid would be Robin Williams and John Ritter was very popular.
Now that its veered WAYYYY OT
That brass Adam makes is good stuff. The route I went was to send a couple boxes of 222 Lapua If the Lake City is hard to obtain...Just some food for thought.
Matt
Old 01-23-2013, 01:52 AM
Supporting Member

Due to brass shortage and other issues of the times, orders have been suspended. I'm filling the last orders this week and next, once brass becomes available again at a reasonable price and quantity . I'll inform those on the waiting list first, then make it public.

A huge thanks to Jim and those who supported this endeavor.

In a few months I'll be offering a donation only order, you supply the brass and donate $40/100 to this site and I'll form the brass. I'll be taking 5 orders of 100 pieces of brass, first come first seve.

Thank you all again, Adam
Old 01-23-2013, 02:38 AM

Ab I need brass and have tons of 223 brass let me know what I need to do to get about 200 pcs Ill be calling you tomorrow to talk to you about the 20vt anyway
Old 01-23-2013, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab_bentley View Post
Due to brass shortage and other issues of the times, orders have been suspended. I'm filling the last orders this week and next, once brass becomes available again at a reasonable price and quantity . I'll inform those on the waiting list first, then make it public.

A huge thanks to Jim and those who supported this endeavor.

In a few months I'll be offering a donation only order, you supply the brass and donate $40/100 to this site and I'll form the brass. I'll be taking 5 orders of 100 pieces of brass, first come first seve.

Thank you all again, Adam
I'll always wish that those who venture into the wildcat arena have the American spirit of "I can do this on my own". For those who don't its a good thing "young AB is around". Keep your head up and eyes on your goal and you'll do fine.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:31 PM

I've got a ton of once-fired .223 brass and 500 pcs of new Nosler .223. If someone wants to send me one of Todd's annealing tips and some form dies, I'll git it a shot and post pics of my progress. Tried is using my Redding bushing die without the guts and a body die. Doesn't work so well...
Old 01-24-2013, 12:06 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inKYfromSD View Post
I've got a ton of once-fired .223 brass and 500 pcs of new Nosler .223. If someone wants to send me one of Todd's annealing tips and some form dies, I'll git it a shot and post pics of my progress. Tried is using my Redding bushing die without the guts and a body die. Doesn't work so well...
I wouldn't use once fired brass. The excess headspace of the charger they were fired in will cause a case head separation after a few firings, hence the reason I didn't use it. The nosler stuff us too soft at the base for longevity, it falls into the same issues lapua has.

Just saying. Adam
Old 01-24-2013, 03:31 AM

Adam, that's good info! I'm not really planning on using .223 brass to form 20 VT. I don't expect anyone to make me an offer I can't refuse on the forming dies I'd need (but I can hope!). I have 200 pcs of the LC09 that you made for me as well as 500 pcs of 221 FB. Hopefully I'll get at least 7 firings from those.

I'm going to try and contact Todd Kindler tomorrow for the annealing tip and practice on some of the failures I created on my first forming attempt.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:57 PM
Supporting Member

Adam
I have about 900 Lake City 02 ammo I was going to shot then use to form brass. Should I just pull this ammo down and not shot it if my intentions are to reform?
John